Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Ecu

mr2greg

Hi ive tried the search facility on the forum but it doesnt pick any thing up? im trying to find the ECU on my 2002 T Sport. i cant see it behind the glovebox or under the passenger seat, i have found what could be it behind the centre console/ heater controls in the dash. before i start removing it was wondering if anyone can confirm that this is it or if not where the ecu is hiding

thanks greg

You need to remove the glovebox firstly. If you look under the dash from the passenger side there is a plastic panel you need to pull down. Easier if you remove glove box and push down from the inside. It will pop off. see bracket covering the ecu you need these special torx security keys to undo the nuts. Slide bracket away and you will see the ecu.

I have the keys and ordered them ,they are 5 sided torx security keys. Wont open with regular torx keys they have a small pin in the middle.thumbsup.gif

look towards the left of the photo under the glovebox there the connectors that would go into the ecu gives you an idea.

DSC01695.jpg

DSC01704.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links