Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was Clamped And Fined £300, Absolutely Ridiculous!

Captain_hook12

Was driving on the main road in west drayton, mobile rang, off the main road to a backyard of a pub , the sign reads pub customers only, thinking i'd take the call and go in to have a drink. 2 mins later, someone was knocking on my window, said my car had been clamped, i did not even notice anyone approached my car!!! :ffs:

anyway, was told by the little ***** that a toll truck was coming, and would have to pay £480 to get released, however, i could pay £300 to get the car released on the spot. i think it is inhuman to charge this price for releasing a clamp, and i was given two equally ridiculous choices. i am thinking to write to appeal as well as write to the newspapers and regulatory bodies, anyone has good suggestions on how this can be properly done, please leave a comment. many thanks

Two possible answers to this one....

First, you should have gone straight into the pub when stopping - you could then have poured the pint over the little ****'s head

second you should have carried on and taken the call. Whilst driving like every other idiot

OR

More seriously, I thought that these cowboy clampers were now illegal?? Or hasn't that started yet....

As to what you can do about it, not much I think except make lots of noise about it and complain loudly inside that pub...

I would have gone into the pub bought the cheapest thing, probably a packet of crisps and asked for receipt. I would have taken this to the clamper and said I am a customer and I will now be taking you to court for illegal clamping and the costs of a new wheel which you have damaged.

I suspect there is nothing on the sign which has a time limit between when you park and when you purchase something in the pub and this could be argued in any court. Even if you didn't go into the pub until two hours after parking you still intended to be a customer, surely the clamping company would have to prove you had no intention of ever being a customer of the pub before clamping you. Even if they suspected you of driving away without a purchase they should have removed the clamp for nothing as soon as you became a customer.

describe the clamper and what company was it? a friend of mine works for a company there doing clamping might know who the clamper was. You need to be careful around that area especially the job centre in hayes.

It wasnt frontline parking services?

You could enquire if the person that clamped you has a SIA Vehicle Immobilising licence. It’s a blue card with there picture on it similar to the once bouncers and security guards have. This should be displayed at all time when the person is doing their job. If they have no licence they should not be clamping. Approch the SIA directly google them they have a website.

Joel

You could enquire if the person that clamped you has a SIA Vehicle Immobilising licence. It’s a blue card with there picture on it similar to the once bouncers and security guards have. This should be displayed at all time when the person is doing their job. If they have no licence they should not be clamping. Approch the SIA directly google them they have a website.

Joel

what i read somewhere that a clamper not displayig licence on their person is comitting a criminal offence if they clamp you.

but i bet the police would not be interested if you contacted them.

with all the sensible replies being offered by everyone here, i'm gonna go against the trend - i'd say find this richard-head, and smash his face in with a baseball bat with a nail driven through the end...

I wouldn't pay it, I'd hold him there with force if necessary until he unclamped the feckin' car. I'd also go into the pub and buy anything I could to prove that I was a customer. ;)

Yes all clamping companies have to be SIA registered, but I bet you any money the company that clamped you wont be!

Any normal company would not clamp you whilst sitting in your car, is that what happened, its a little unclear from your posting?

Did the company give you a receipt with a contact number and address? If so, complain, if not, then I doubt there is anything you can do. mcchunkers idea meets with my approval but as a law abiding citizen I could'nt possibly say so on a public forum :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Where there clear an adequate signs or notices clearly stating there was a clamping system in operation - if not then you may be able to appeal in that resepct.

Where you actually sitting in the car when it was clamped?:)

2 mins later, someone was knocking on my window, said my car had been clamped, i did not even notice anyone approached my car!!!

Yes he was in the car at the time... which is odd as they don't normally do that.

2 mins later, someone was knocking on my window, said my car had been clamped, i did not even notice anyone approached my car!!!

Yes he was in the car at the time... which is odd as they don't normally do that.

Must have ben a hot and heavy call if he didn't notice someone clamping the car.:)

i would have taken the hit regarding assault charges etc and beat the **** out hte guy. its not too bad of a problem for us up here but in cities where clamping is a problem always carry a clamp removal kit, i.e. hammer and chisel. if used correctly can release the clamp.

I'm glad I live in Scotland.. it's illeagle here.

I would follow the advice and see if you can find out if the person who clamped you is badged up and legally clamping people... if not, take them to court.

I'm glad I live in Scotland.. it's illeagle here.

Sorry to hear aboot yer eagle Davey..............Hope it feels better soon :P :lol: ;)

thanks for all the replies, yes, i was sitting in the car when the car was clamped, the little chicken head did it extremely quietly without me noticing it. he was quite aggressive after the clamp, threatened to drive off and left me waiting for the toll truck to watch them toll the car away and pay £480. so paying £300 on the spot and appeal later seemed a sensible choice to me at the time.

yes, i was going to go into the pub and buy a hammer to beat him up until he told me the pub was closed due to refurbishment. helpless, hopeless.

i read somewhere that this can be treated as "human right aduse"? i am writing to the watchdog, newpapers, and of course the !Removed! clamping company, which is called "parking direct limited"

thanks for all the replies, yes, i was sitting in the car when the car was clamped, the little chicken head did it extremely quietly without me noticing it. he was quite aggressive after the clamp, threatened to drive off and left me waiting for the toll truck to watch them toll the car away and pay £480. so paying £300 on the spot and appeal later seemed a sensible choice to me at the time.

yes, i was going to go into the pub and buy a hammer to beat him up until he told me the pub was closed due to refurbishment. helpless, hopeless.

i read somewhere that this can be treated as "human right aduse"? i am writing to the watchdog, newpapers, and of course the !Removed! clamping company, which is called "parking direct limited"

They sell hammers in the pub?!!!

They sell hammers in the pub?!!!

Ofcourse! :yahoo:

Ingredients for a Hummer

* Coffee Liqueur

* Light Rum

* Vanilla Ice-cream

Quantities for one drink:

* 1 oz Coffee Liqueur

* 1 oz Light Rum

* 2 Scoops Vanilla Ice-cream

Blending Instructions:

* Blend all ingredients in an electric blender at a low speed for a short length of time

* Pour into a highball glass and serve

he told me the pub was closed due to refurbishment
Making the terms of the notice i.e. you becoming a customer impossible to fulfil, even more of an argument for a judge. I would argue you fully intended to become a customer but the pub would not let you.

he told me the pub was closed due to refurbishment
Making the terms of the notice i.e. you becoming a customer impossible to fulfil, even more of an argument for a judge. I would argue you fully intended to become a customer but the pub would not let you.

i was, absolutely. i think most of parking wardens are scams/parasites of this society, pretty shameful actually.

which is called "parking direct limited"

For one moment I thought they were called parts-king direct :D: :D: :D:

They must have learned the ways of high prices from you :D

ooooooooooh

i did not even notice anyone approached my car!!! :ffs:

I think you need to turn your hearing aid up :lol:

You need to go to pepipoo.co.uk and look on the forum to get your money back - ALL OF IT. You will need to sue the clampers AND the landowners.

If you paid by card, do a chargeback and explain you paid under duress.