Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O2 Sensor Error But Sensor Is Ok?

barrymmm

OK, I've posted this as a reply to one of the pinned topics here too but don't know if anyone will read that far into the topic to see my post so I hope I'm not in trouble with the moderators. Anyway, this one has me real frustrated...

I've just replaced the after cat oxygen sensor on my motor (bank 1 sensor 2 error) but the engine light stayed on. It wasn't a genuine Toyota part so I got one here for £34.99 - bargain! Light was still on so I sent it back for a replacement and tested it before installing it and it all checked out but I'm still getting the same error message. That's 3 different sensors and the same problem :(

I'm pretty certain the sensor is ok at this stage. Apparently, it's reading that the heater in the sensor is either shorting out or a completely open circuit but I know that's not the case with the sensor as I've checked the resistance across the wires. Anyone got any ideas where I can start looking to sort this out or do I have to start tracing along the loom till I find the fault?

has the fault been cleared from the ECU each time you've changed the sensor?

if so your going to have to look for corrosion in the loom to the sensor or breaks in the sheilding

Seen lots of non genuine/cheaper sensors cause faults. Was it the type where you have to cut off the old sensor connector and connect to the new sensor by any chance? These are normally the ones that cause the probs i've found. End up fitting gen parts or at least a proper sensor from a good manufacturer to cure.

OK, I've posted this as a reply to one of the pinned topics here too but don't know if anyone will read that far into the topic to see my post so I hope I'm not in trouble with the moderators. Anyway, this one has me real frustrated...

I've just replaced the after cat oxygen sensor on my motor (bank 1 sensor 2 error) but the engine light stayed on. It wasn't a genuine Toyota part so I got one here for £34.99 - bargain! Light was still on so I sent it back for a replacement and tested it before installing it and it all checked out but I'm still getting the same error message. That's 3 different sensors and the same problem :(

I'm pretty certain the sensor is ok at this stage. Apparently, it's reading that the heater in the sensor is either shorting out or a completely open circuit but I know that's not the case with the sensor as I've checked the resistance across the wires.Anyone got any ideas where I can start looking to sort this out or do I have to start tracing along the loom till I find the fault?

hi i had the same issue with mine, the diagnostics said my oxygen sensor was faulty, it turned out to be my exhaust manifold gasket leaking , so check that to .