Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Navigation System - What Have I Got ?

Johnscar

Have had my 03 Auto Spirit Avensis for a couple of days now, now familiar with most aspects, but am confused by Sat Nav model identification.

Prior to purchase and since I have assumed it was the TNS 300 - 310 type, e.g. basic mono type located recessed at top of fascia. (as google images and Toyota map update web site for that model). With unit under passanger seat. Also has ETA.

However car came with hand book etc and a CD case for a TNS 200 CD, but my nav screen is not as the images I have found for the TNS 200, but as above.

All works OK but would like to know what I have so that I can investigate any map updates etc.

Any advice gratefully received.

Have had my 03 Auto Spirit Avensis for a couple of days now, now familiar with most aspects, but am confused by Sat Nav model identification.

Prior to purchase and since I have assumed it was the TNS 300 - 310 type, e.g. basic mono type located recessed at top of fascia. (as google images and Toyota map update web site for that model). With unit under passanger seat. Also has ETA.

However car came with hand book etc and a CD case for a TNS 200 CD, but my nav screen is not as the images I have found for the TNS 200, but as above.

All works OK but would like to know what I have so that I can investigate any map updates etc.

Any advice gratefully received.

Just eject the disc from the unit to see. TNS200 uses cd, TNS300 uses DVD, it will say on the disc label what it is but my guess is tns200.

Will investigate CD today but I assume it is TNS 200 as I have empty cd case and owners manuals for that system, however what I am still confused about is that the actual display screen appears to be the TNS 300 - 310 according to all the information I can find including Toyota web pages. (recessed oblong screen at top of fascia)

So does the system name refer to the cd control unit or the info display screen.

Perhaps 300 type display was matched with 200 type cd unit in early days of new model - mine 03.