Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid: Adding A Dab Tuner

ashpole

I've been quoted £430 to add a DAB tuner to my Auris Hybrid - so far I've declined the offer to have it fitted!

Does anyone know how much the tuner would cost me to buy without fitting? Also, is it a straightforward install or does half the dash need to be dismantled...?!?

I've been quoted £370 incl vat and fitting. I'm having it fitted when the car is delivered on the 27th Sep.

For some reason I'm sure I've seen an install manual but now I can't find it. I remember reading somewhere that the HSD has a DAB compatible aerial build-in on the roof so the windscreen stuck-on one for the normal Auris isn't needed.

If there is a manual it will be on the eu technical Toyota site. It was there for the prius. For the sake of a few pennies I would let the dealer take the dash apart, just think of all those broken clips and the rattles introduced. When they do it they will have to fix those too.

If there is a manual it will be on the eu technical Toyota site. It was there for the prius. For the sake of a few pennies I would let the dealer take the dash apart, just think of all those broken clips and the rattles introduced. When they do it they will have to fix those too.

You're probably right. I was in my simplistic thinking mode, hoping that the DAB tuner was a one inch cube that plugged into a readymade socket just under the dash! It's just that £400+ for a DAB Tuner seems a little steep...

It is not just the dab tuner, it includes installation, warranty etc.

It is not just the dab tuner, it includes installation, warranty etc.

True. It just seems a high price for just the front-end tuner, even including installation etc.

Don't know about the auris, but the unit that goes in the prius is not a simple one. It does have the time shift function on it as well which means you can go back in time to listen again etc. And the sound quality is pretty good. I haven't looked at the technical manual for the auris, but on the prius it did mean nearly a full dashboard removal.

Audi charges a similar amount as do many others. Not cheap but not a lot of money if you can't get the stations otherwise.

Don't know about the auris, but the unit that goes in the prius is not a simple one. It does have the time shift function on it as well which means you can go back in time to listen again etc. And the sound quality is pretty good. I haven't looked at the technical manual for the auris, but on the prius it did mean nearly a full dashboard removal.

Audi charges a similar amount as do many others. Not cheap but not a lot of money if you can't get the stations otherwise.

Enough said! I can't even say the words "full dashboard removal" - I'm OCD when it comes to rattles, especially in the dashboard!

• 4 years later...

It's easy to install. Plug and play although not an official option. Part same as IQ , hardest bit is fitting Ariel on windscreen. Toyota tech eu didn't have a guide so I used one for IQ, same unit as one that fits tns 510