Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goes Forward In Reverse?

HeatherR

Hi, I am new to this forum and not really great with the internet. I did try to find posts on this website relevant to my question, and I couldn't find any. If they exist please accept my apologies.

I have a 2008 Corolla (automatic) with about 60,000 miles on it. Today when I arrived at an appointment and put the car in park it felt really rough. When I got back in my car to leave and put it in reverse, it would only go forward. I got it to go in reverse after 5 or 6 tries putting it back in park and then shifting to reverse, but am worried this is going to happen again. I was able to drive it home without any issues, but am wondering if I should be driving it?

I have kept up with the maintenance pretty well and haven't had any other issues with the car to date.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks so much!

Definately sounds like an issue with the auto box or with the shifter mechanism. Unless you know someone handy with a set of spanners, then you'll probably need to take it to a garage for a proper look at :)