Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parcel Shelf For T Sport

budtheweiser

Just got myself a Yaris T Sport 04 plate 3 door.

It doesn't have a parcel shelf with it. Is the parcel shelf specific to this Yaris? Or could I take one from any model for example t1 colour collection etc?

Also I am wondering about the gap cover too I was under the impression that only on this car the back seats move.

Anyway if anyone can advise me or point me in the direction of getting one at a decent price i'd be pleased. Highly doubt but hope they are generic though?!

:)

Funnily enough, I just bought a Yaris Sport '55' plate from a dealership. When I got it home I realised the parcel shelf was missing! When I went back to enquire they gave me one, but it seems too small (a gap between the door and end of shelf) - according to the salesman that day they come standard size?!?!

Anyways, I am not happy so will be going back tomorrow to speak to someone else about it, seems to me one reason for having the shelf is to hide contents in the boots, so why have one with a gap? There is also a flap at the back of the shelf that you can velcrove to the back of the rear seats when you roll them forward.

So hopefully I will have more info tomorrow!?!?

Ros

As you say the idea of the boot is kind of useless without a parcel shelf or without a gap there. I'm unclear of where this gap is.....If you have no gap covers and the gap isn't on the side of the boot, you might be missing gap covers and have not moved the seats right back? That would be a simple solution to the problem if that were the case.

I can't get hold of one anywhere right now, which dealer is this? An official Toyota one? I’m still stuck as my understanding is that the T Sport is Japanese made not French, so therefore it is more likely to take a Japanese parcel shelf................ and maybe not a great chance of it taking a French one? ...Meh.

This isn't in the slightest bit helpful, but I removed my parcel shelf after buying my T- Sport because it was making a rattling noise! :P Also from what I remember ginger_ros, there wasn't a gap so large you could see in to the boot, but don't hold me to it, I only had the shelf up for a week.

Just got myself a Yaris T Sport 04 plate 3 door.

It doesn't have a parcel shelf with it. Is the parcel shelf specific to this Yaris? Or could I take one from any model for example t1 colour collection etc?

Also I am wondering about the gap cover too I was under the impression that only on this car the back seats move.

Anyway if anyone can advise me or point me in the direction of getting one at a decent price i'd be pleased. Highly doubt but hope they are generic though?!

:)

I would imagine the shelfs will fit from the other model aswell, mine for example would probably fit it as it's a Jap model, so maybe try eBay or ringing around some breakers yards.

On mine, whenever i slide the rear bench forward, (which i hardly ever do) the gap is minimal i think and you can't really see that much in the boot as it's still dark.

Ginger_ros mentions the flap that can be velcroed to the rear bench but just having a look on my parcel shelf reveals no such flap.

Maybe this was only available on the later Yaris, the French built or the facelift mk2. :unsure:

Thanks for the info z-tunez2.

Unfortunately I need the shelf (rattle or no) cause I carry all my work equipment around all day and don't want it on display.

Will find out tomorrow what the the deal is and let you know what they say Budtheweiser.

Or maybe z-tunez2 we can start bidding for yours ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links