Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starting Issues

toyotamike

Hi there,

My rav4 mk1 has developed starting issues once it has warmed up. It cold starts fine everytime. Say I go tesco; it starts absolutley fine when I leave home (when it's cold) but when I leave tesco, it struggles to start (when It is still warm). It also mis-fires and sometimes it just cuts out when stopped at junctions etc.

It has been to the garage 3 times now. It has had an engine service, cleaned the connections and had injector cleaner run through it but the problems have just been getting worse. No real obvious problem have been found. It has done 175,000 miles but I have been told that's nothing for a toyota.

It's going in again next week but I would like to know If anyone has experience anything like this before and/or if you know what It may be...?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mike.

EDIT: Also forgot to mension that there a no warning lights on.

Edited by toyotamike

have a look at this post I found for the 3sfe engine -

3sfe hot starting

The 3sfe engine has been about for a while and if you try a search on this forum across all categories then theres a few ideas that come up.

Let us know how you get on, and of course welcome to the forum!

Will be taking it to the garage on thursday. Read alot of stuff that I searched and vacuum leaks was something that came up alot, but thought I would ask if anyone has any other solutions to put on the table.

Cheers, Mike.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links