Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Btcc

Phoenix999

Will it really happen huh.gif

avensisbtcc.jpg

Does anyone know unsure.gif

Maybe!

The development-model Avensis, currently being built by GPR Motorsport in Buckingham, will soon be testing ahead of its public track debut at the final rounds of the 2010 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship at Brands Hatch on 9-10 October.

Will it really happen huh.gif

avensisbtcc.jpg

Does anyone know unsure.gif

Maybe!

The development-model Avensis, currently being built by GPR Motorsport in Buckingham, will soon be testing ahead of its public track debut at the final rounds of the 2010 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship at Brands Hatch on 9-10 October.

It would be nice to see and variation always creates a little bit more interest, I used to enjoyed seeing the Seat diesels

Yeah, I remember seeing the diesel Leons at the last BTCC I went to there... was pretty weird as they shot past so quietly! I swear the turbo was louder than the engine! :lol:

A sharp contrast to the Volvos which sounded like they were being revved to death; Sounded more like motorcycles than cars! :lol:

Hmm... I wonder if the TSS could get into Brands Hatch? :unsure::spiteful:

Yeah, I remember seeing the diesel Leons at the last BTCC I went to there... was pretty weird as they shot past so quietly! I swear the turbo was louder than the engine! :lol:

It probably was, the turbo must be the size of a dustbin lid :lol:

The Avensis touring car will happen as it's being used as the test car for the next gen touring cars.

It still remains to be seen though if Toyota are going to re-enter the BTCC

• 3 weeks later...

Well I like it yes.gif I wonder if we will have a real racing version next year huh.gif

avensisbtcc4.jpg

avensisbtcc3.jpg

avensisbtcc1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Am i right in thinking all these cars will have exactly the same engine regardless of whether its a Ford, Nissan or Toyota or even a Seat

Red diesel

That concept in the photo look OK. But now I don't think the design is going to holds up well in like 2015.An at that angle it reminds me too much of the Scion TC, which really hasn't aged well either!!

Well it has been heard that SEAT sports of UK has got its BTCC campaign back on track... and they have won the 2 race and 4 podiums sees SEAT with vauxhall who is the top Manufacture's championship...and and move ahead of Team Halfords in the Teams' standings as well...

• 8 months later...

Nice to see the first podium in race 2 at Knockhill today.Can,t wait for race 3!!!!! Come on Frank

Regards Clare :yahoo:

Nice to see the first podium in race 2 at Knockhill today.Can,t wait for race 3!!!!! Come on Frank

Regards Clare :yahoo:

He gave a very good account of himself.... lets hope there are good times ahead :thumbsup:

Is see there using a tuned 3ZR-FE engine these are only 150bhp in road going versions allow seem to be an inteligent engine uses toyota valvematic system along with dual vvti allow with tuning hard to no if any of that will be taken out or not. The engine appears very light and there confident it will be very durable and be one of the fastest on the circult.

3rd is a very good result and did i not see plato knock a leading toyota off the track in one of the races naughty boy.

3rd is a very good result and did i not see plato knock a leading toyota off the track in one of the races naughty boy.

3rd in two races ! Wrathall did get a minor bump early on in one race but still finished well.

Its a good looking car that Avensis

• 2 weeks later...

Theres a 3rd place on the podium in the 1st BTCC race at Rockingham for the Toyota Avensis and Frank Wrathall :thumbsup:

Theres a 3rd place on the podium in the 1st BTCC race at Rockingham for the Toyota Avensis and Frank Wrathall :thumbsup:

And after a poorish start, a second in the second race :yahoo:

IMG_3154.jpg

And after a poorish start, a second in the second race :yahoo:

Best not mention 9th place in the last race then :unsure:, I did enjoy shouting for Frank and Toyota .... the wife thought I was going mad!!:yahoo:.

Next time Frank will be :toast:.

Pete.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Both Cars had a great showing towards the end of last season, but the first round at Brands 2012 was not the strongest,but

Donington is also a ‘home event’ for the BTCC’s two privateer Toyota teams, Dynojet and Speedworks Motorsport – the Avensis model they both race originated from the manufacturer’s successful plant in nearby Burnaston, Derbyshire.

Fingers crossed the guys can get the 2 toyota's further up the sharp end of the grid with the Vectra's and Honda's and the MG's.

Role on round 2.

post-119695-0-75836600-1333827243_thumb.

Anyone else going to Donnington? Mostly likely I will be so it will be nice to see as many fellow TOC members as well

Not going to make Donny but going to try and get to Croft in June.

Great racing again this weekend from the BTCC, ITV's coverage was very good again.

A better showing for the Toyota s this weekend, with Frank Wrathall breaking into the top 10 in Race 1 and Race 3.

Thruxton is the next round 29/04 hopefully this track will play more into the hands for the Toyota's with it

been a power circuit.

Run down of results of Donnington.

Race 1: Frank Wrathall P9, Adam Morgan P15, Tony Hughes P20

Race 2: Frank Wrathall P14, Adam Morgan P13, Tony Hughes P16

Race 3: Franks Wrathall P7, Adam Morgan DNF, Tony Hughes P16

Team Points for independents:

01 Pirtek Racing 102

02 Redstone Racing 92

03 eBay Motors 91

04 ES Racing 74

05 Team HARD. 65

06 Speedworks 46

07 BINZ Racing 46

08 Rob Austin Racing 43

09 Dynojet 41

10 Welch Motorsport 37

11 AmD Tuning.com 21

12 Thorney Motorsport 11

Great racing again this weekend from the BTCC, ITV's coverage was very good again.

A better showing for the Toyota s this weekend, with Frank Wrathall breaking into the top 10 in Race 1 and Race 3.

Thruxton is the next round 29/04 hopefully this track will play more into the hands for the Toyota's with it

been a power circuit.

Run down of results of Donnington.

Race 1: Frank Wrathall P9, Adam Morgan P15, Tony Hughes P20

Race 2: Frank Wrathall P14, Adam Morgan P13, Tony Hughes P16

Race 3: Franks Wrathall P7, Adam Morgan DNF, Tony Hughes P16

Would be good to see a Toyota on the podium this year.