Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Btcc

Phoenix999

13 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Hi  @Ant182

Steve, do you not think that the Avensis is the wrong car for the BTCC? Too heavy and it puts it back on the grid with the Audis in my opinion.  Now then a BTCC Auris or Yaris with some beans under the bonnet could be interesting. :wink:

I totally agree with you, roll on next year and ITV4! :smile: .....For the F1 fans, give it a go and see some real racing!

With the cars being on a space frame and just a Shell wrapped around the role cage, I'm almost sure they weigh the same within a kg or two. The Speedworks Avensis is so well developed now it flys with Tom at the wheel. 

And I have asked the question before why not use an Auris like the civics I think it would be awesome car. Like the below:- 

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_1590.JPG

• 2 months later...

Well as far as I can see at the moment there will be only 1 Toyota on the grid this year as Handy Motorsport have move to an Alfa so Speedworks will be the only team unless someone had bought the old cars. Im planning on going to the Media day on the 27th March so will try get done good pics (work permitting) here's the first pic of this years car so far and a pic of how the car has come along since Speedworks started with it👍 

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

Avensis ends production this month (February), so by the time the BTCC season starts it will be an obsolete model.

The new Auris debuts at Geneva on 6th March, and is an all new car - although sales probably won't begin until later this year.

So possibly an Auris or Yaris is the way to go.  

19 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Avensis ends production this month (February), so by the time the BTCC season starts it will be an obsolete model.

The new Auris debuts at Geneva on 6th March, and is an all new car - although sales probably won't begin until later this year.

So possibly an Auris or Yaris is the way to go.  

I hope they go with an Auris for 2019 as I know Toyota and GR can't afford to do everything with them being in WRC/Endurance and all the stuff they do in Japan anyway it would just be nice to keep a BTCC car with the Toyota Badge on it and not let it disappear again after this season. It seems a lot of the teams this year are switching to Honda's/BMW/Ford's 

Might be interesting if Toyota entered their new 2 litre engine or their new 2 litre hybrid drivetrain in BTCC in 2019.

As far as I know they can't (unless the regulations get changed). The gearbox is a standard 6-speed sequential part, so no hybrid.

They would be allowed to develop a version of the new engine but again things like the turbo, wastegate, intercoolers & ECU  are standard parts. It's much cheaper just to use the TOCA unbranded NGTC engine than develop your own.

It would be good if in the next couple of years hybrids or some sort of that tec started to come in. We a team to buy an Auris and drop a toca engine in it now the new Auris is coming it's would be great to see.  

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the BTCC Launch today at Donnington Park. The cars looked better then ever. For us Toyota fans the Avensis ended the day quickest of all in the dry. 

Managed to meet the man himself Tom Ingram who pilots the single Toyota this year and he is s very nice fella. 

The car looks great and the best it's ever looked it's just a shame it's will be it's last year I think. 

Some pics from the day. 

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1803.JPG

IMG_1814.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

IMG_1818.JPG

IMG_1821.JPG

IMG_1823.JPG

IMG_1824.JPG

• Like 1

Woo, nice shots! Looks like a fun day out :)

I haven't been to a BTCC for ages, last time was at Brands Hatch which was a really great race. Love that track, really good view, not like e.g. Silverstone! Kinda sucks I can't get there easily now since I started boycotting the Dartford Crossing!

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone pic up on Alan Gows comments on the BTCC today saying that in the new regs in the future that Hybrid Tec will more than likely be coming in 👍 Come on Toyota 🙏🏻

BTCC back to its best for 2018 and even better Tom and Speedworks Avensis takes its first win in race 3 of the day and leavesTom at the top of the driver standings and the team at the top of the independent teams championship 👍 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well after the last few rounds of the championship the Speedworks team have done the Toyota brand in the UK so well with Tom back leading the drivers & Indy drivers championship and independent teams championship. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season🤞🏆

Alan Gow has confirmed that they are now starting to write up tech rules that will incorporate hybrid technology it's going to be an interesting future. 👍

• 1 month later...

Well only Brands and Silverstone in  September to go now and Tom is second in the overall drivers championship and only 43 points a drift, fingers crossed he can make it up. Not sure if Speedworks will carry on with there Avensis if not fingers crossed they will use the new Corolla. 

What a great weekend for BTCC and Tom and the team with an unbelievable drive in race 2 from 14th to 1st the Toyota was so so fast! Only 34 points separating Tom and Colin in 1st place. Tom could take up to 4 awards this season which can be found in BTCC.NET.   30th September in the final round at Brands Hatch and it will be a nail biter 👍🏆🙈

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Ingram did well today but not quite well enough to overtake Turkington for the championship ...

Still, coming 2nd in an independent team to a BMW factory supported team is a terrific achievement & wins the Independent Driver awards & his team the Independent Team award.

• Like 1

Yes coming in 2nd to a factory supported driver is great plus if he hadn't have had the engine gremlins mid season I think it may have been different.  The best thing is though that take 3 titles away with them this season which is awesome 🏆🏆🏆. On ward to 2019 now and I just hope there is a Toyota on the grid next season maybe even a Corolla like they people have done with the Astra. 

• 5 months later...

Not long before the season starts and the new Corolla hit the track today and by all accounts things are going well, but it just looks amazing to me 👍😁 

IMG_3194.JPG

• Like 1