Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Daytime Running Lights

T180 NI

I'm interested in fitting some daytime running lights to the T180 after seeing a rather eye-catching set on a new 1 Series Beemer. Nice blue tint to them but I dont know if they are original fitment or aftermarket.

Has anyone done something similar? I believe they will be compulsory on all new cars in 2012.

Also the wiring loom must have connectors in there somewhere as the Rav will have to provide this option in countries where it is currently mandatory such as Sweden.

Be interested to hear your views guys,

cheers

Ron

I'm interested in fitting some daytime running lights to the T180 after seeing a rather eye-catching set on a new 1 Series Beemer. Nice blue tint to them but I dont know if they are original fitment or aftermarket.

Has anyone done something similar? I believe they will be compulsory on all new cars in 2012.

Also the wiring loom must have connectors in there somewhere as the Rav will have to provide this option in countries where it is currently mandatory such as Sweden.

cheers

Ron

I did a quick answer to this one recently, LINK I believe because they have to come on when the engines running, the feed is picked up from the alternator live + has to be switched thru the side-lights so that they go out when the sidelamps switch on..But please please Don,t take that as gospil as i am not sure, hope this helps (does T180 have auto lights) if so could be a problem :unsure: Stew

cheers

Ron

I did a quick answer to this one recently, LINK I believe because they have to come on when the engines running, the feed is picked up from the alternator live + has to be switched thru the side-lights so that they go out when the sidelamps switch on..But please please Don,t take that as gospil as i am not sure, hope this helps (does T180 have auto lights) if so could be a problem :unsure: Stew

Hi Ron, I fitted running lights last week , but I wired them through the "power outlet" (rear outlet,'cause I never use it!)at the moment ,they come on/off with the ignition.I'm told that there's a relay behind the kick panel on drivers side, that u can connect to but i couldn't see it on mine!(maybe my cars too old to have one, 2002 D4D).When the law changes to having driving lights go off with side/headlights then I'll change it, but for now,it works well and ok(no wireing probs).hope this helps, but remember it's probably not wot an auto electrician woud advise :)

Have had a look at the one,s Stew was refering to, they look quite good. Phillips have brought one out that is not cheap ( lowest price I,ve googled is £121 at Hids 4 U ) but they really do look the business and from the fitting instructions look quite easy to install.

Regards Tony

cheers

Ron

Hi Ron, I fitted running lights last week , but I wired them through the "power outlet" (rear outlet,'cause I never use it!)at the moment ,they come on/off with the ignition.I'm told that there's a relay behind the kick panel on drivers side, that u can connect to but i couldn't see it on mine!(maybe my cars too old to have one, 2002 D4D).When the law changes to having driving lights go off with side/headlights then I'll change it, but for now,it works well and ok(no wireing probs).hope this helps, but remember it's probably not wot an auto electrician woud advise :)

Just wondering where you fitted them and have you any pics?

Cheers

Ron

I've got daytime running lights on demand. I just turn a little switch and the headlights come on :rolleyes:

I've got daytime running lights on demand. I just turn a little switch and the headlights come on :rolleyes:

Yup, I like that

:lol2: :lol2:

Mike D

Sounds like a plan! :yahoo:

luddite!! Don't you have auto ones now???? (No, I don't use 'em either :)).

I like the auto lights but as a courtesy to my neighbour accross the street I turn them off so I don't light up their house when coming in or out of my drive (always reverse in).

So we need to link 'em to your tomtom, so that they know not to work on your drive. Toyota missed a trick there. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links