Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Screen

JUANCALU

Hi

I just bought my avensis 3 days ago, Im a newbie at this forum, Not sure if someone can help me... my car have a Fuel calculation display instead of the GPS that mostly avensis have, but since yesterday the screen stop working I already check on the fuses but they are all good dont know what else to check ? any idea? :unsure:

Hi

I just bought my avensis 3 days ago, Im a newbie at this forum, Not sure if someone can help me... my car have a Fuel calculation display instead of the GPS that mostly avensis have, but since yesterday the screen stop working I already check on the fuses but they are all good dont know what else to check ? any idea? :unsure:

Hello, welcome to the forum.

I'm really not sure what the fault could be, anything from a simple faulty connection to an ECU failure but I would try disconnecting the negative V- terminal from the Battery and leave it off for a while until any capacitors in the circuit have discharged, maybe 15 minutes, then reconnect the Battery and start the car, the ECU may reset itself and clear the fault. This is a long shot I know but you need to start somewhere.;)

PS. Reply with some more info about the car, petrol or diesel engine etc etc.

Good luck and regards ..... Pete.

Hi

hello JUAN

the matter is that i ve had something similar during owning my avensis 1.8 vvt-i before. the screen has been leaving by own life and sometimes brought me the same surprise. after i ve rcvd a consultation from main dealers and they told me this screen design is not reliable been assembled in Chech or Slovakia (in Europe) - the only cure is substituting of this screen as whole unit. but the problem is that it is very costly !!! around usd700-800. it does not satisfy you - i know but no way and you have to check with the same either in scraps or to try to locate the same in outside of your country (China or so at more competitive price)Cheers/Igor