Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Please

nick luke

Can anyone help? Last week I noticed a burning smell coming from under the bonnet of my 4.2 RAV 4 D4D and at the same time I noticed a few lights appearing on the dash, after a few minutes the warning lights went off and the smell disappeared. This week end all the warning lights appeared again and eventually the Battery drained so i suspect that the alternator has burned out. I spent the last few hours removing the alternator, not an easy job by the way, had to drop the bottom ball joint and remove the gator off the steering rack to get the alternator out from the wheel arch but i am not sure that this is the correct method for removal however had a quick look inside the alternator and it has most definitely had it. before i fit a new one should i be worried about any electrical faults that may have caused this or am i just unlucky. I love Ravs as this is my third one, I have only done 60k but spend a lot of time sitting in traffic.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links