Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tns 510 And Iphone 4

Antonio Mesquita

Phone book transfer doesn't seem to work for the iPhone. I had the 3G one firrst and the 4 but neither transfer. Just set up the important ones in the system itself

got mine set up with the same system in the avensis.

remember you need to pair for the audio and phone.

if you have the latest os4.1 on your iPhone 4 you can now change tracks from the head unit rather than iphone/ipod

argh, im trying to remember. think its menu-info and either select portable player or bluetooth settings, pair it and it should work fine:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Phone book transfer doesn't seem to work for the iPhone. I had the 3G one firrst and the 4 but neither transfer. Just set up the important ones in the system itself

Hi! As far as I got with that is TNS510 accepts multiple vcf (vCard Files). I've imported almost 1000 contacts at once by using "send all contact via bluetooth" (or something like that) feature on my previous phone (SonyEricson w910i). I've learned that my iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 (firmware 4.2.1 and under) would not able to send multiple vcfs via bluetooth to the TNS510 by default.

So I started looking for 3rd party software (on AppStore) for iPhone to do it. I tried several but failed. That was like a year ago. I did not try again but I guess there must be a app. that is able to send multiple vcf files (that's a special subcategory) in one file via bluetooth.

It is pretty much annoying that such an advanced navigation system is not able to sync with an iPhone device (I mean not just importing contacts but sync the delta).

As for other iPhone issues... I'm VERY much disapointed with the built in Toyota car phone kit for the TNS510. People are complaining that my voice can't be heard, too low and lagging and extremely hard to hear. Reception quality is OK. Mr.T. dealer here is not able to resolve the problem, I've got to the local Toyota representative and managed to get my software for the TNS upgraded but sound quality still sucks (as I was told).

Arthur

• 1 month later...

Phone book transfer doesn't seem to work for the iPhone. I had the 3G one first and the 4 but neither transfer. Just set up the important ones in the system itself

I had a Pioneer in my other vehicle and that had bluetooth OPP - Object Push Profile. If someone called in or I phoned out, the number would show on the screen. The Pioneer also had A2DP profile for streaming music. I have now purchased an Alpine bluetooth unit. It has PBAP - Phone Book Access Profile. This now reads the phone book and that's the profile you will require the iQ navigation unit to have. Hopefully if it works with with the iPhone, it will be easier to use than on the Alpine. I'm not all that happy because the Alpine does not have A2DP for steaming music either and is not that easy to use with the phone book.

The other thing is to check your iPhone. If you have paired the iPhone 4 to the iQ unit. Go to the bluetooth settings on your iPhone. You will see a list of paired devices. Pick the iQ unit from the list by pressing the right hand blue arrow. Once this list is open, you will see Forget this Device Below that and that's if you have PBAP It will show Sync Contacts On or Off, Phone Favorites On or Off, Phone Recents On or Off. Below that you should have Other Groups. You can either tick None or All Contacts. If none of this shows, your iQ unit probably has OPP. Hope this helps