Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 D4D

nocter

hi,

I'm looking to get a 1.4 D4D saloon 2006 (55 reg) and I am wondering what I should look out for or what should be all ready done on the car?

The car has 70k miles done. Is that a lot miles for a small engine?

My average mileage per year is about 15k miles and I plan to have the car for 4 years. Will the 1.4 engine handle 130k?

What will I need to change for that mileage?

I know it has a chain instead of a belt but should the chain be check or some thing like that. Its my first Toyota/Diesel/Chain belt so I'm a total beginner!!

any help would be great

thank you

great car, dont know of any with over 100k at the minute as it is a reletive new car but as its a toyota i cant see why it wouldnt be good for well over 200k.

iav 1 myself, love it, great mgp's, plenty of power for a 1.4

just check the service history, nothing really needs changing.

service every 10k miles (i do mine every 3.5k miles but thats just me) and change the fuel filter every 20k.

the egr valve is prown to clog but is a diy clean out job once a year :thumbsup:

is it a 3 or 5 door ?

slider for the 3 door seats WILL definately brake and need replacing.

thats it really, just check around for rust with alot of salt on english roads but otherwise happy motoring B)

The Car is 5 door saloon.

I'm really looking forward to high MPG considering I currently drive a A6 1.8T petrol!!

Is it hard to clean the EGR and how can I tell if the EGR needs to be cleaned or replaced?

mileage you're planning is no issue whatsoever. check for general things condition of the car and the service history. do oil, oil filter and air filter every 8-10K and fuel filter every 20K and that's all you'll ever need to do. apart from the obvious wear and tear brakes tyres etc.

you will know when it needs to be cleaned when your mpg's start going down and acceleration is not smooth.

otherwise its a toyota and shouldnt give any trouble, well you will have a big drop in power coming from a 1.8t but she aint that slow and if you want more power you can always get it remapped :D

andy is there any thread on how to diy clean the egr valve on the 2.0d4d? i doubt mine will have ever been cleaned and the car could do wit ha good service soon i was thinking to do it at the same time?