Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg And The Fuel Indicator

alexandamy

Right need some help here!

New to the aygo as of Friday past, had half tank when i bought yesterday it beeped and needed fuel. Straight to the petrol station and fill her up she took 33litres??? That means she only had 2 left in her when started flashing... is this right? How far can you go when petrol guage starts flashing?

I timed her how long to drop first bar when full and i got 72.6 miles. So worked out each bar should be worth about £6 and £5 is a gallon so gettin about 65mpg?

Any1 help me out here or give me any advice?

Thanks

Alex

There are plenty of threads about fuel and blobs! First blob can't be taken as what you will get from every blob. Fill it, run it to the warning, fill it again and then do a calculation. For a guide 330 miles from 33 litres is 45.4mpg.

I normally get about 20 miles on the last blob, after the beep goes... but haven't tried further. I normally get 420 miles + on a single tank... I've had about 100 miles out of the first blob before, it varies... and as daveyjp says, each blob is different. As you get used to the car you'll get the best out of it economy-wise :) happy Aygo-ing!

... I've had about 100 miles out of the first blob before, it varies... and as daveyjp says, each blob is different.

I agree - I have had as little as 80 on the first blob and as much as 130 miles on other fill ups!

Right need some help here!

How far can you go when petrol guage starts flashing?

So worked out each bar should be worth about £6 and £5 is a gallon so gettin about 65mpg?

Any1 help me out here or give me any advice?

Thanks

Alex

There's only one accurate way to measure fuel consumption:

Fill it to the brim so that you can actually see the fuel level and zero the trip meter.

Travel about 300 miles.

Fill it to the same level again, read the trip meter and calculate consumption.

Fuel blobs are unequal and inaccurate.

Yep i went onto the last blob today - must of done around 8 miles before i went to the garage - managed to squeeze in just over 34 litres with the petrol handle clicking about 3 times. Be interesting to see what i get for the first full tank ive put in. When i bought it it had 5 blobs worth of petrol in it

Yep i went onto the last blob today - must of done around 8 miles before i went to the garage - managed to squeeze in just over 34 litres with the petrol handle clicking about 3 times. Be interesting to see what i get for the first full tank ive put in. When i bought it it had 5 blobs worth of petrol in it

Hi and welcome to Aygo World. The fuel tank on the Aygo is V shaped, bigger at the top and smaller at the bottom, so the first blob, when filled to the brim (which includes a litre or 2 in the filler pipe), normally gives me about 118 miles, subsequent blobs go much quicker. As stated by someone above, the only way to accurately test the MPG is brim it, go at least 300 miles and brim it again and do the maths. :-)

I'm on 410 miles and still on the second-to-last blob. I also managed to get 37 litres into my Aygo a couple of months ago... peculiar!

Thanks for reply, i think she has managed 290 miles and she is on the second last blob so she might get 350 if she is lucky.

Thanks

Alex

How cool is the word blob?

They should make a movie about a blob :D

the-blob-746282.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I only get 45 miles per gallon - but I only do very short

stop/start journeys, mainly to work, in a 30mph zone.

I'd be better off with an Aygo Electric Blue.

My Aygo has only done 350 miles and the last blob is flashing :(

I never let my wife's go below 2 blobs, no point in risking sucking up rubbish from the bottom of the tank!!

I never let my wife's go below 2 blobs, no point in risking sucking up rubbish from the bottom of the tank!!

Very little rubbish in there these days.

The Aygo has a plastic tank.

Ian.

Have you only just bought it? If you have, then you'll still be getting used to it and your MPG will improve as time goes on. And also you have to drive economically :P

You'd probably get another 60 odd miles (maybe even more!) if you let it go below... I always let mine go to the last blob and it's fine, may as well get my money's worth :)

Surely the fuel is drawn from the bottom of the tank all the time because that's where the end of the suction pipe will always be?

So if there is "rubbish" it will be drawn up whatever level is in the tank?

Surely the fuel is drawn from the bottom of the tank all the time because that's where the end of the suction pipe will always be?

So if there is "rubbish" it will be drawn up whatever level is in the tank?

Could be! I don't know. However I always thought that the feed pipe protruded a short way into the tank.... Maybe I'm wrong, but to be on the safe side I never go below 2 blobs....

I got 37 litres in mine wednesday, paying 115.5 per litre at Sainsburys and so far Ive covered 118 miles and "blobs" aint moved!!Sold my old motor to a mate today and that only did 20mpg!!!

Just had to put some go go juice in the wife's Aygo, seems that on country lanes, short shopping trips and occasional trips on the A13 to Lakeside, Its giving us 48.8mpg on the last tank and 48.5 on the one before... I'm happy with that :thumbsup:

Well I'm a very happy bunny today. Just filled up... travelled about 30 miles on the 'beep' (which was cutting it fine, I'm sure)... and the result: 480 miles and 61.2 MPG. That's my personal best. Has anyone ever made it to 500 miles out of interest?