Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Legal Robbery - Toyota Servicing

Chappers

Holy ****. I just put my Yaris in for it's 2nd year or 20k service. It cost me £159 all 2gether.

First off, ive just checked what they have done. Apart from tightening my handbrake, checking my coolant and checking my oil cap, nothing differs from the 10k service, the differene - £56!!!!!!!!!!

They then replaced my front wipers, which were fine, charged me for oil and filters n stuff, surely a service should include this? If not, i paid £80 for some dumb f :censor: k to 'look' at my car!!!!!!!!

Explain........someone!

there is just no point taking it to a main delaer for serving. And don't say warranty! as long as whatever garage does it, does everything accoring to toyota rules or whatever, then its fine. We madesure that toyota confirmed this before we took teri's elsewhere.

it's how toyota make their money on aftersales, agree with tiktok... don't take it to a main dealer for servicing... as long as the private garage u take it to does it according to toyota specs, who cares?

the only benefit is when u come to sell it and u can say it has FTSH... but do you think you'll really make up the money lost on being robbed for toyota dealer services when you sell your car? I think not

Sam

Ive gotta disagree with that mate. (sorry) Fair enough Toyota charge Through the roof for their service, but at least you know if they have replaced anything, that it is is gonna be genuine Toyota parts!!!

Toyota everytime for me!!!!

Lee

p.s. only £135 for my second service.

IF they replace anything, which they didnt and it still cost a shedload. Toyota parts, who cares, i'd rather get aftermarket parts.

I think i payed £159 for a toyota stamp!

:blink:

The secret is this:

Phone around. Get prices form Toyota dealers in other places, Wales, Scotland etc. and the get your dealer to match the lowest quote. They WILL do it, or they lose the business... I use a london dealer (mucho £££...) and regularly batter him with quotes from places as diverse as Great Yarmouth and Aberdeen to get his prices down out of the realms of fantasy...

Then, make sure you instruct the service tech to carry out ONLY the work required as per the service list, any fool can replace a bulb or wiper blade at half the cost they do it. Make it known that if they do any additional work, you're not paying for it.

By doing this I've knocked at least 30% of the prices of my last 3 services.

agree with GSB shop round for different quotes just as you would with insurance

What im saying is, the standard 20k service was £80, i then paid ***** loads for labour and oil/filter etc, surely this is incl in the service!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise i paid £80 for sum dipstick to check my car, as an apprentice engineer i could do that with my eyes closed.

Getting my TS service in 3 weeks. They had better pigging change everything that is included in the 20K service. as well as the "free" health check for the rest of the motor.

Going to be in the Region of £150 ,but that will include the labour...fresh oil/filter new aircon filter, new intake filter. new brake/gear box fluids. oh...and a new Battery in the rmeote as they change that to!

Toyota dealers are supposed to do things by the book. Ie they see ya car...print off the service sheet for the mileage/age..then cover everypoint on the checklist.

Yes I know it will cost me more than my usual (non toyota garage) but the modern TS requires specilised equipment to do the job right...and in a short time.

but you shouldn't have to pay extra for oil/labour charges...as you say that's all included in the service.

Vipes

i just had my 50k mile service and m.o.t cost me about 120 quid for the both!!i thought it was a bargain!!!

CB :thumbsup:

Hey, i think i win for the most expensive Toyota service, over 7 grand :) mum and dad laughed too (they had to pay it) :)

Mat

Toyota parts, who cares, i'd rather get aftermarket parts.

Well thats entirely up to yourself mate, but i personally would rather have Toyota parts than some aftermarket parts that were made in Kazakstan..............

But, at the end of the day its a personal choice!!

Lee

The fact that no parts - except oil and filter were put on amazes me for £159.........

****s

Hi chappers

I just had my t sport serviced Saturday gone. I payed just over £200 for mine. And i have got to admit my car now fly's. It feels so much better than before. I also had the brake fluid changed and clutch fluid. The gear change is now 100% better. So I'm very pleased with the out come mate. Come September I've got to do them same over again with my wife's t sport..

jerry!!

I managed to get my dealer to give me my first service free (including parts) that are included in a normal service, I'll only have to pay if something else needs change :D

Fair do's Jerry, now that sounds ok, considering u had both the brake and clutch fluid changed. I paid £159 for the oil! (oh not to mention oil filter!) for 1.5hrs woth of work.

Felt more responsive cos of the gas treatment, aprt from that they didnt do anything for me to praise about!

Cant fault Toyota as a name (the cars etc) cos they're 2nd to none. But c'mon, i expect a service to include 'servicing' my car, so if the service is £80, i shouldn't have to pay for the oil/filter as is should be included in the price, after all it is included as part of this 'service' right? (i got that tick box thing to prove it).

A strongly worded letter to Mr T methinks.........

why pay so much.. gold membership saves quite a few quid...

Hi Chappers

Did they ask you if you wanted the gas treatment? As they used to ask me at the old garage and i used to tell they to sling there hook. Did you know that it's only redox. Petrol treatment :( All it does basically is reduce the carbon built up in the engine and makes the engine run efficiently. You can buy the same stuff at Halfords for less :crybaby:

jerry!!

But remember if u dont go maindealer you can invalidate warranty an all that, atleast thats what we do at MGRover

I've heard that there is a large difference in the service requirements for the yaris in GB and my new canadian echo hatch rs (1.5l)here it an oil change and inspection every 8000 km's or 6 monyhs to mantain my warranty ,but I've heard that its twice that in britain .Is this true?? :huh:

Hi g-echo

Welcome to the club mate :group-cuddles: Yes thats true. In england we get ripped off with are servicing bills. For the yaris the 1st years service will cost you £80 which isn't to bad. Then for the 2nd year that will set you back £159 - £200. All depending on which garage you go to and what they do to the car. I cant tell you what the 3rd year will set you back as i haven't go there yet but my wifes is due in September so will be able to comment on that soon.

jerry!!

thanks for the welcome I'm a refugee from echofans (currently dissolved but trying to reform)Isn't that interesting that the the same car-engine from the same manufacturer is given different service requirements based on geoegraphy to maintain a warranty? are all toyota dealers and service department independent of toyota like here ? they are charging you more than twice as much for maintanence ,but we have to take in the car twice as much .the 2 visits per year or more if your doing a lot of driving would cost around 80p. .Doesn't that oil get a little black and thick after all those km's?

Hi g-echo

Yes you are right that you get different prices per Toyota garage. I think it's best to shop about. Toyota recommend over in england that the yaris goes for it's first service at 10,000 miles. And it's main service would be at 20,000 miles.

I must admit when it's near to the 10,000 miles mark the oil is really black and is in need of a change. Would be nice to have the oil changed every 5,000 miles. As oil is cheaper than a new engine :yes:

jerry!!