Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso 2.0 D4D Cruise Control

trickymicky69

Hi,

Please can someone tell me which parts (and if its possible) to fit cruise control to a Verso 2.0d4d TR model 2010 (manual)?

Also how do I install it?

Many thanks

Yes, so far it should be possible on any model of new Verso from 2009.

Tested with Gasoline Verso's - works perfectly.

The parts are:

1. Cruise control switch(code 84632-0F010)

2. Cruise Control Wiring (84633-05010);

3. Underwheel casing (45184-0F080B0);

4. Choke with hole for switch (45186-0F030B0);

5. Two screws (90159-50199).

PS Instead of 1. and 2. Old Corolla Verso Parts can be used: 84632-34011 and 84633-48020 accordingly.

PPS 3. is also not necessary if hands growing from right place and have drilling machine.

Everything is made easy without problems. Connector to connect is under wheel. Airbag is unplugged with two Sushi sticks.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I saw this post a while back and I have always fancied cruise control on our Verso.  I just happened to be down my local breakers yesterday and came across a RAV 4 that had seen better days but it had cruise control and so I grabbed the stalk.  When I got home I popped my sushi stick in a the airbag came out, plugged in the stalk, pressed the button and sure enough the cruise light comes on the dashboard so happy days.  Now the stalk doesn't fit my steering wheel but that's fine it was just a £5 test and I have the bug now and I want cruise...

Before I order up the parts I have a question.  Changing the under wheel casing requires the removal of the steering wheel and if possible I would rather not do that, does anyone have any accurate measurements to cut the opening for the choke into the existing casing?

Who do you guys recommend for buying the parts from?  Obviously my local dealer will sell them to me but they aren't normally the cheapest.

Thanks all.

• 1 year later...

Hello!

Cruise control Works nicely on my 2013 Toyota Verso 1.6 manual gears and the only item i had to buy was through eBay co.uk was the TOYOTA 8463234011 CRUISE CONTROL STALK SWITCH YARIS RAV4 LANDCRUISER PRIUS AURIS....

The car was prewired almost to perfection, and even the clutch switch control was in place but there was no cruise control wires ready from the black harness under the lower cover in front of the steering wheel near the ignition. I did not have to disconnect the airbag only lift it out of the way to make the obvious connection for the stalk switch and drilled a hole for it after some looking. The hole had to be rather big to get the stalk in place in the only possible angle.

The biggest problem was to find the right harness and pin for the positive connector from the, in my case, black harness near the ignition so I finally went straight under the hood near the Battery and followed the wire (that was present on pin 40 as presented online in a few videos and pictures for yaris and corolla...) and with a sharp knife I cutted some plastic from the side of the blue wire with grey stripes ( to give me something to think of, there was two with the same color) and connected and taped a wire that I got through from inside the car connected to the second connector from the left in the lower row of the harness near the ignition. The most left lower row connector i got in the ground that I found easily when the lower cover in front of the steering wheel was away. (Left lower row when its fitted and secured in its place.) First I connected them by misstake wrongly ground and lead mixed, and it resulted in the cruise light always on, but I had put a small fuse on the lead if something would go wrong. Nothing bad happened.  I used only two simple wires that i took the end plastic off for about 1,5 cm and run it through so that I could see the end getting almost through on the other side and it was perfectly thick so it stuck tightly in its position. I taped the new wires beside the other wires to secure them and put the connector in place. No pictures was taken during the process, but I hope this text can be of some help for you, and I can possibly clarify some details if someone wants me too. 

During all processes i had the car Battery disconnected. Negative wire off.

Note that I have a Toyota Verso made for finnish roads.

In fact this video shows it all but no need for soldering or jumpwires in my steering wheel. Just plug in to the only free position that two pin connector that came with the stalk switch. I got the lead wire through to the connector under the hood most easily after taking the glove compartement out and behind it I have other cables running through, like my amplifier cable so I got a wire nicely through there nearby. I did not have to add pin 40 wire becouse I had one ready in that pin. Tricky part was getting the plastic cover on the wires off, but at the end there was two holes were by pushing it got easily off. Not explained properly in the video and the plastic cover is in an other angle comparing to the cover in my car but the pin 40 is in the same row and position.

Greetings from a new member

Benny

• 4 years later...

Just checking, and sorry if it’s a daft question. I’m about to purchase a 2012 verso. Are the cruise control items mentioned above for the uk cars?

• 2 years later...

So, if anyone gets here wondering about cruise control in Verso (2010)

It turned out, the only thing I needed was a second-hand CC stick and a lot of patience.

As mentioned by @syoma, the steering wheel airbag casing is possible to open by pressing the metal element accessible through two holes on the sides of the steering wheel. Easier said than done, for me the left side popped open relatively easy (though it took like 15 minutes to figure out the angles), yet I couldn't succeed with the right side.

After literal hours of trying I gave up and pulled out electric drill (circa 1cm wide) and just make this tiny hole three times wider. After that, finding the exact spot to push took me 3 seconds, when it finally opened. And no, the drilling did not damage any circuits inside, as none of them are close to the hole.

After that, the only thing to do was to drill another, quite big hole to put a CC stick through (you can of course buy a case with rubber cover in the appropriate spot, however replacing it makes you take out the whole steering wheel) and plug one end to the connector right in the center - it was empty. And that's that, it just worked 🙂

Long story short, no additional cables or parts were needed, the only troublesome task was to uncover the center of the steering wheel.

For reference: my exact model is Verso AUR20(WF) D4D from 2010. It is worth mentioning, that it actually comes with two versions - with and without cruise control (at least for European market). Of course, originally mine was the latter.

One thing I'd suggest is to buy the original CC stick, not one one from AliExpress - it's more reliable that way. I paid like 15$ for mine.

Here's the result: https://ibb.co/3v2hMZY

Just wondering if the stalk hole excessive size being drilled could be avoided.? 

Could the stick be taken apart and reassembled after pushing through the hole?

On 4/4/2024 at 9:07 AM, Perfection said:

Just wondering if the stalk hole excessive size being drilled could be avoided.? 

Could the stick be taken apart and reassembled after pushing through the hole?

I guess you could do that, but I didn't really try it. Remember that the stick still needs some room to move, so the hole ultimately would not be that much smaller.

The picture I posted looks pretty nasty, but later that day I've got a standard black cable, took the insides out, cut it lengthwise and put around the hole rim. Looks much cleaner that way, though I assume there could be even niftier solution. The little hole stayed as it was, and I honestly don't mind 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links