Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shell Fuelsave Update

baza103

Well after 6 fill ups in a row, approx 1500 miles travelled and careful note taking using only the new Shell Fuelsave Unleaded I can categorically state that.......

It made absolutely zero difference to my fuel economy! :crybaby:

IMO save your cash and buy the cheapest supermarket brand you can find :yahoo:

For Aygo's yes, but for my car - 330bhp Impreza, i get 30 miles more a tank with V Power than Tesco 99 and i have a loyalty card and got a £5 discount voucher through the other day woo hoo lol

Well after 6 fill ups in a row, approx 1500 miles travelled and careful note taking using only the new Shell Fuelsave Unleaded I can categorically state that.......

It made absolutely zero difference to my fuel economy! :crybaby:

IMO save your cash and buy the cheapest supermarket brand you can find :yahoo:

No need, round here Shell is the cheapest :yahoo::lol:

Shell is the cheapest for me too - I'm also with the Shell Drivers Club - you build up points by filling up at Shell, buying things at Shell, etc etc. I'll see if it makes any difference for me, but I doubt it (I'm running on the Fuelsave at the moment)...maybe it would make a difference in a different car, perhaps. :)

Shell obviously didnt think their marketing very well when they planned this one.lol. Save a liter of fuel per tank??? How can you do that? surely when you have used a tank of fuel then you have used a tank of fuel and dont have a liter left. Its a bit of false advertising.

In fairness to them they seem to have reduced their price a bit as well so that may compensate.

I do prefer brand fuel other that supermarket fuel and i know the theory is that they are both the same but that isnt true either. i had a 307 and filled up at tesco, at the end of the tank car broke down and turned out it was fuel sludge in tank, maybee a year later i filled up at asda and again problems started with chugging and it turned out their was water in the fuel! Neither time did they accept responsibility or offer to pay for remedial costs. I also had a problem once when i put £20 in my 307 at morrisons and when got in car hadnt registered in fuel thing, so went to complain and they werent interested so i went straight to trading standards and they siphoned my tank and itturned out their was only 7 liters in it, they checked the pump and it was faulty so morrisions ave me my £20 back. What a cheek!

Thanks

Aex

Well you dont get an extra litre in your tank, the theory is it lubricates better than previous blends. taken from Shell's website:

How does Shell Efficiency Improver work?

Previous fuel economy formulations have been solely based on inlet system deposit control over extended mileage using detergent additives.

This new additive formulation combined with the new Shell Efficiency Improver component works by lubricating where normal engine oils can’t easily reach. This can help engine components to turn more freely, resulting in more of the fuel’s energy being made available to drive the wheels.

This helps you get more out of every drop of Shell FuelSave Unleaded and saves you up to 1 litre per tank* at no extra cost.

Getting to this stage was a welcome challenge for our scientists, who relentlessly tested the fuel in their lab as well as on the road so that each time you fill up, you save.

Over 5,000 miles were driven in the series of on-road demonstrations have been carried out in a range of cars and engine types. Tests were carried out at a third party testing centre using an industry recognised Fuel Economy Drive Cycle. Each vehicle was tested 36 times over a 6 month period and over 5,000 miles were driven in the series of on-road demonstrations.

So, save up to 1 litre per tank* with Shell FuelSave Unleaded – head to your nearest Shell station today.

*Based on a minimum tank size and fill up of 50 litres. Comparison between a standard gasoline and that same standard gasoline containing our instantaneous fuel economy formula. Actual savings may vary according to vehicle, driving conditions and driving style.

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm not particularly fussed about whether Shell's new unleaded saves me up to a litre per tank, I go there because it's faaaar cheaper than BP. I can either go with Shell's 110.9/litre or BP's 117.9/litre. A full fill up at Shell saves me £2.40.

maybe its just me but as I and someone else previously said how can you get a saving of a litre per tank - you fill our tank and you use the fuel so if it holds 35 litres without Shell it will hold 35 litres of Shell. if you use all 35 litres to empty the tank it will still be 35 litres you have used whether it be Shell or not!! a slogan of 'get so many miles extra per tank' makes much more sense (again would have a detail stating based on a tank size of A and an average consumption of B etc)

just dont get it!!!!!

maybe its just me but as I and someone else previously said how can you get a saving of a litre per tank - you fill our tank and you use the fuel so if it holds 35 litres without shell it will hold 35 litres of shell. if you use all 35 litres to empty the tank it will still be 35 litres you have used whether it be shell or not!! a slogan of 'get so many miles extra per tank' makes much more sense (again would have a detail stating based on a tank size of A and an average consumption of B etc)

just dont get it!!!!!

Shell says you save 1 litre of fuel per 50 litres. Their claim is that you can go the distance of 51 litres on a tank of 50 litres.

Feel the excitement drain out of the room.

That's a 2% increase in economy.

I get fluctuations in economy of over 15% with

THE SAME FUEL, just by changing driving styles...

So it's really easy to make such a claim IMHO...

just think though - if you get about 300-350 miles out of a tank in the Aygo you could possibly manage to go a whole 6 or 7 miles further - just about enough to take the longer route to and from your Shell garage to fill up with their wonder fuel so you can 'save a litre per tank'.

Personally I fill up when I need to and at the stations I know happen to be the best price that are on my route to/ from work or that I live local to to fill up on my day off. (I use the reminder email facility on 'petrolprices.com' which emails me every couple of days all the best prices near my home and work!! all at absolutely no extra cost whatsoever and by buying the best priced fuel at every fill up I save every time..............

Well it never did anything for me while I had my Aygo, in fact any Shell fuel just didn't seem to run right for some reason. The economy was down.

I have sadly now traded in my Aygo for an Auris as I need a bigger car for personal reasons. I'll miss the little bug. :crybaby:

I have a theory about different brands of fuel - along same lines as my thoery of washing powders!

The theory is that when one new thing comes out by one brand they call it a super fancy name and heavily market it and then 2 weeks later a competitor brand launches their latest new exclusive thing which basically does the same as the other brand but is called something different and then 2 weeks later yet another brand brings out...... you get the idea!

so lets say Ariel bring out 'new exclusive colour choice' which really works fab with colours due to some 'new' ingedient then Bold bring out their 'latest technology cleaning system - ideal for colours' due to some 'new' ingredient......

Fuels are supplied from the same refineries as each other and although they may call them different names and with 'different' additives, they all do the same thing - or maybe I'm just mad?!..........