Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knocking

rallyfan1986

Hi all,

as the title suggests, my tsport makes a knocking noise when cornering (mainly around roundabouts).

It sounds like im going over some cat eyes in the middle of the road.

my initial thoughts were a wheel bearing or drive shaft, but after jacking the car up, there doesnt seem to be any play in anything.

any ideas what it might be?

Cheers

Hi all,

as the title suggests, my tsport makes a knocking noise when cornering (mainly around roundabouts).

It sounds like im going over some cat eyes in the middle of the road.

my initial thoughts were a wheel bearing or drive shaft, but after jacking the car up, there doesnt seem to be any play in anything.

any ideas what it might be?

Cheers

Have you checked the end drop links ( i think thats what they are called lol) i had a similar problem, mine mainly made the noise when goin over small bumps in the road. ordered a pair of eBay bout 15quid, changed them myself and its been fine ever since.

how can I check if this is the problem? jack it up and shake everything underneath?

I had a similar noise recently.... turned out to be a broken brake pad thumbsup.gif

how can I check if this is the problem? jack it up and shake everything underneath?

With mine i had my mate shake the car from side to side while i watch the suspension as thats what i thought it was and while lookin i noticed the bolt on the droplink was moving. was just moving a few mm so i took them off and they was both worn. replaced and it was fine.

:thumbsup: Great, cheers, looks like ive got myself a job for the weekend!

mine does this but only when i take a long sweeping corner if you know what i mean rather than turning at a junction from a standstill. any ideas?

• 1 month later...

i checked the drop links, everythings really tight, but still got a knocking noise!

any more ideas?

cheers

sounds like perished anti roll bar bushes to me. have a look to see if the rubber is all cracked, you won't feel any play as you can't exert enough load. Other suggestions are a warped brake disc, or your wheel nuts not done up tight enough or possibly a buckled wheel.

Possibly a stupid question coming up!

Where abouts do I look for the bushes? at the bottom of the suspension strut?

anti roll bar is underneath your car - its a bar the 'connects' the two front hubs together. do a google search and see what they look like! my bet it is likely to be it, as you already checked your drop links. the bushes is usually situated along the bar.

dont think it would be a warped discs as you would definitly notice it when braking - the judder!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links