Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq3 Gearbox

punkrider

HI ALL IM NEW TO THE FORUM, LOOKING AT GETTING THE IQ3, FROM WHAT IVE READ ON HERE THERES TROUBLE WITH THE 1 LITRE IQS GEARBOX 2ND GEAR ECT.... DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE IQ3 MANUAL GEARBOX IS OK..? CHEERS!

Mine is an iQ3 and it needs to go back for a 2nd time for this.

Sorry!

Kate

THATS PANTS MATE... NOT SURE WEATHER TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY AT THE MOMENT... FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS LITTLE CAR AND IM NOT LIKING WHAT IM HEARING ON HERE... THIS IS REAL BAD FOR TOYOTA... HOPE YOU GET IT SORTED KATE...PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED.

PAUL.

It's also an issue on the Yaris, supposed to be adjustments done before delivery to the dealer but some 'slip through' The Yaris I had as a loan car last time with same engine/box was fine! 5 yr warranty too so don't let it put you off!

Kate

Mine is an iQ3 and it needs to go back for a 2nd time for this.

Sorry!

Kate

THATS PANTS MATE... NOT SURE WEATHER TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY AT THE MOMENT... FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS LITTLE CAR AND IM NOT LIKING WHAT IM HEARING ON HERE... THIS IS REAL BAD FOR TOYOTA... HOPE YOU GET IT SORTED KATE...PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED.

PAUL.

My IQ2 had a "notchy" change going from 3rd to 2nd when I bought it about 18000 miles ago but all is well now, without any adjustment by dealers.It has just "run itself in" and now works as it should.

I think the problems were a bit exaggerated, but they did exist.

The car is brilliant in any event, I still love it!

Mine jumps out of 2nd, usually when going from 1st, it also used to go into 1st instead of reverse with the collar pulled up! Did both to the service manager too :0

Mine jumps out of 2nd, usually when going from 1st, it also used to go into 1st instead of reverse with the collar pulled up! Did both to the service manager too :0

Our iQ3 gearbox is rock solid reliable. We've never had a problem and the migrations up and down the box are clunk-free and never miss a beat.

As far as I understand this is more of an adjustment issue that some owners experience (not a majority). So there is nothing wrong with the gearbox as such just the adjustment of the linkage. And again - you have 5 years/100k mile warranty. If you like the car and it suits your life style - get one.

It's also an issue on the Yaris, supposed to be adjustments done before delivery to the dealer but some 'slip through' The Yaris I had as a loan car last time with same engine/box was fine! 5 yr warranty too so don't let it put you off!

Kate

thanks kate think im still going for one. love everything about the iq.

Mine was bumped at 2 weeks old and it's been at the garage for 4 1/2 months! It's back but not right, paint match, missing trim and steering knocking noise (all confirmed by RAC report :) ) but I've driven it today to a couple of other body shops for them to write me a report to confirm the colour miss-match (they had 2 engineers say it was right!) and I remembered why I bought it in the first place! Great fun and nothing else like it on the roads!

Kate

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links