Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky Clutch Pedal

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

HI

Re my 2006 Corolla Hatch...i've noticed since i bought the car 28 days ago today...when i press my clutch pedal it makes like an annoying squeaky sound...like it needs a drop of oil or something...is this a common problem/annoyance??? It's definitely coming from the pedal itself...otherwise gear changes etc are totally smooth!

Now i know i can put my radio up a bit louder but sometimes i like to have just peace n quiet...and it spoils it everythime. PLEASE HELP>>>PLEASE???

SAMMY

Normal noise from what I have seen on here you are not alone.

Mine does it aswell :lol:

Mine does it too. It seems to come and go either that or i am that used to it i dont hear it sometimes.

I tried oiling mine to se if it made a difference, it did for about a day and it came back.

Seems like the squeek is coming from the clutch master cylinder itself. But i am not sure how much it costs for a new one.

Has your car still got any warrenty left?

HI

Re my 2006 Corolla Hatch...i've noticed since i bought the car 28 days ago today...when i press my clutch pedal it makes like an annoying squeaky sound...like it needs a drop of oil or something...is this a common problem/annoyance??? It's definitely coming from the pedal itself...otherwise gear changes etc are totally smooth!

Now i know i can put my radio up a bit louder but sometimes i like to have just peace n quiet...and it spoils it everythime. PLEASE HELP>>>PLEASE???

SAMMY

HI sammy i sprayed top of pedal with wd 40 and it worked on mine remember to put a rag on bottom of pedal[rubber]and make sure no wd on pedal before driving best leaving about 10 mins to allow excess wd to run down onto rag then clean pedal rubber if not sure get qualified person to lubricate pedal bushes the correct way is to get mechanic to take pedel off and grease bushes at top of pedal wd might be quick fix but i think it dries up bushes the more u have heater blowing down at feet [cheers]

Commonest thing ever. Its the slave cylinder. There's a rubber bung you can kind of access from on the front of the engine that you cna spray oil down to lubricate it properly and stop the squeaking temporarily (found a picture of it through searching the fourm\0

To get rid of it completely you need a new slave cyclinder, which you can get from www.fensport.co.uk

just done mine on the clutch slave creaking like mad just unbolted the slave cleaned the old grease of the operating rod and put some clean grease on and cured it still got a bit of creak on pedal that to sort next :thumbsup:

just done mine on the clutch slave creaking like mad just unbolted the slave cleaned the old grease of the operating rod and put some clean grease on and cured it still got a bit of creak on pedal that to sort next :thumbsup:

Hi Sam,

Had the same problem on mine a few days after getting it - tried what was recommended above but that only reduced it a bit for a few days.

Take off that small trim piece on the bottom of the dash to get better access, just three screws

If you get some spray White Grease ,which is safe on rubber ( only costs about £4 a can) then with the clutch pedal pressed in, spray into the hole where the pedal plunger goes into the master cylinder body and slowly release the pedal as you spray - also spray the other end of the pludger which is a round gold and green looking uj assembly - not a peep in the last 3 weeks.

Many say use wd40 but if you spray onto the master cylinder and if it has rubber seals it could affect them, White grease states its safe on rubber.

mine does it too so thanks for the tips!

Commonest thing ever. Its the slave cylinder. There's a rubber bung you can kind of access from on the front of the engine that you cna spray oil down to lubricate it properly and stop the squeaking temporarily (found a picture of it through searching the fourm\0

To get rid of it completely you need a new slave cyclinder, which you can get from www.fensport.co.uk

i personally wouldnt change the slave cylinder since you go through all that expense and most likely the noise will come back as it did on one of my avensis which had a new slave cylinder fitted under warranty.

secondly there are 2 noises. one is which you speak of from the engine bay and the second the clutch pedal itself also is noisey.

Guys THANK YOU for all the advice...seems its helped a few others on here too which is great. Im sure we all agree its a minor problem but annoying...i'll be trying out the white grease idea which i happen to have a new can of...will keep you posted! Glad its a common thing...well you know what i mean lol.

.i'll be trying out the white grease idea which i happen to have a new can of...

Forgot to mention that it was a MOT inspector that recommended the White Grease as he said use it around the metal ends of the flexible rubber brake hoses to stop them corroding and swelling; also use around any rubber suspension bushes and brake pipes generally.

• 7 months later...

Squeaky cluch pedel for months, bought the White greese, removed the bit of trim and sprayed as suggested (Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:07 PM ) not a sound since thanks