Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise From New N/s Rear Disc

dransfield

Hi

I have changed the rear discs and pads and all seems to have gone well, however I am getting a disc rubbing noise from the rear n/s wheel when I turn right or the road has a significant camber to the left. All is fine in a straight line and turning left! I have disassembled and put back together to see if I've done anything wrong. As per a previous post of mine this is also the wheel with a significantly worn inner tread and replies have suggested it could be tracking or camber, could this mis-a;;ignment cause the noise? I have also checked that the handbrake calipers are wound back sufficiently.

cheers

Bryan

Hi

I have changed the rear discs and pads and all seems to have gone well, however I am getting a disc rubbing noise from the rear n/s wheel when I turn right or the road has a significant camber to the left. All is fine in a straight line and turning left! I have disassembled and put back together to see if I've done anything wrong. As per a previous post of mine this is also the wheel with a significantly worn inner tread and replies have suggested it could be tracking or camber, could this mis-a;;ignment cause the noise? I have also checked that the handbrake calipers are wound back sufficiently.

cheers

Bryan

hi if rear brakes have backplate [dust/water shield] make sure u have not bent it slightly also did u make sure pistons in caliper are not sticking? also check rear bearing for wear and set nut in middle to correct torque setting also wheel nuts are tightend evenly sorry if it is newer avensis if u need to buy rear bearing it comes with hub attached about £93 from euro car parts

Hi

cheers

Bryan

Hi Bryan, did you check for play in the wheel bearings by rocking the road wheel whilst the car was jacked up before you slackened the wheel nuts?

This may be the problem.

Regards Pete.

Sounds like the backing plate behind the disc is catching. You may have to remove the disc to see if its this. Check for any signs of rubbing/catching on the disc or backing plate.

• 1 year later...

Hi

cheers

Bryan

i have had the same done to my car with the same results and the mechanic said they had to bed in. he said come back in 2 weeks and he would adjust the handbrake.any of this sound normal?

cheers

i have had the same done to my car with the same results and the mechanic said they had to bed in. he said come back in 2 weeks and he would adjust the handbrake.any of this sound normal?

Mine does the same thing. Story from Toyota is that the dust covering fits too tightly behind the new discs. Discs need to be taken off, and dust cover bent slighty.

The sound can be quite loud, but should be harmless.

-Thomas