Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Is The Location Of Relay Unit For The Indicator Lights?

ClubMem

Hi,

Can anyone advise where is the location of the "Relay" unit for the indicator lights on an 03 Avensis D4-D T3X diesel hatchback? Is it an easy job to replace it?

Thank you.

ClubMem

Hi,

Can anyone advise where is the location of the "Relay" unit for the indicator lights on an 03 Avensis D4-D T3X diesel hatchback? Is it an easy job to replace it?

Thank you.

ClubMem

hi clubmem

i dont have an avensis but a auris but it maybe simular position behind your instrument panel.the cover over them just pulls off there are 4 clips holding it, then 4 screws holding the instrument housiing.

the relay is at the back,put a finger on it turn on indicators and you will feel it clicking.

Hi,

Thank you.

ClubMem

hi clubmem

i dont have an avensis but a auris but it maybe simular position behind your instrument panel.the cover over them just pulls off there are 4 clips holding it, then 4 screws holding the instrument housiing.

the relay is at the back,put a finger on it turn on indicators and you will feel it clicking.

I agree, the flasher unit relay is behind the tachometer.

Fitter

Hi,

Thank you.

ClubMem

hi clubmem

I agree, the flasher unit relay is behing the tachometer.

Fitter

Hello lads, correct as usual, anyway I have attached a drawing.

Regards Pete.

post-74463-128535364768_thumb.gif

Hi,

Thank you.

ClubMem

hi clubmem

I agree, the flasher unit relay is behing the tachometer.

Fitter

Hello lads, correct as usual, anyway I have attached a drawing.

Regards Pete.

Thank you very much for the detailed info and the diagram.

ClubMem.

HOW do you get at it,and is there any way of making it LOUDER?

TonyV5

if you look back on auris forum i asked the same thing,dealer cant increase volume which varies car to car.

the relay on the auris is almost impossible to remove, just get two fingers on it.so i left it there and picked up feed to rear flahers at bottom of front door and wired in another relay (behind instrument panel.

the problem is locating a decent sounding one,some have a terrible sound.the one i got sounds ok but very loud so have surpresed it by covering it. still a bit louder than i like, but you dont forget the indicators are on (which is asking for trouble.)

• 4 months later...

Hi !

I have a 08-reg D-4D Avensis Hatchback and I tryed several times to find that relay !

I need to upgrade the lightbulbs to LED's, but still can't find that relay !

I'll consider the option to add load resistors !

• 3 weeks later...

Got the same problem..replaced flasher original bulbs with led ones and idicators flashing way too fast.what kind of flashers relay must be replaced for leds?thanks

• 11 years later...

Hi, got a toyota sparky 2000 model. I'm trying to find the indicator relay.

Any help where is located please?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links