Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Tec Site

acetip

hi all

as i am far from being what is called pc literate,can any of you who are help me.

some time ago i went on the toyoya tec website to try and download the wiring diagrams so i could fit a louder indicator buzzer i wanted to find wiring colour codes.

i follwed all the directions and paid 3 euros for one hours worth but got about 3 seconds worth before the thing closed down.

any way i managed to sort the problem without a diagram.

today i tried again to download the wiring diagram for anoher project.paid another 3 euros and the site showed i had until 1300 hrs till my cedit ran out.i logged on at just before 1100 hrs so thats 2 hours credit.

i thought this must be the new credit plus what i had not used before.

a choice of diagrams to click on came up but nothing showed.ive loaded adobe acrobat allowed popups as the site recommends anyway i closed the site down as the wife had the lunch ready,but when i went back to it there was no sign of any credit this time.

my question is if you purchase say an hours download do you have to use it there an then.if you log off do lose any unused portion of that hour.if not how do you know how much you have left and how do you access it.

you can purchase a years subscription they dont expect you to use it in one go .

any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Just a thought but their FAQ's suggest turning off your pop up blocker, what web browser do you use?

Q. I have paid my subscription but still cannot see any data?

There are two possible causes for this, the following should solve any problems.

A. Most Toyota-Tech documents are displayed in Adobe PDF format and require the Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 4.x or later to be installed for viewing. If two Acrobat viewers are installed at the same time (such as version 3.0 and 4.0), the viewer may open but show a blank page. Solution: uninstall previous versions and install Adobe© PDF Reader 5.x or later. You can download the latest version of the Adobe viewer at www.adobe.com

B. Toyota-Tech makes use of pop-up windows to make certain information available to you. In order to get the full benefit from the Toyota-Tech Websites, please set your browser to "Allow pop-ups". Note: Windows XP SP2 installs and enables a pop-up blocker automatically. This has to be disabled or configured to allow pop-ups from the Toyota-Tech site.

Not sure how they work out how long you have spent online, use the contact us button to email and ask a question

Kingo thumbsup.gif

Just a thought but their FAQ's suggest turning off your pop up blocker, what web browser do you use?

There are two possible causes for this, the following should solve any problems.

A. Most Toyota-Tech documents are displayed in Adobe PDF format and require the Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 4.x or later to be installed for viewing. If two Acrobat viewers are installed at the same time (such as version 3.0 and 4.0), the viewer may open but show a blank page. Solution: uninstall previous versions and install Adobe© PDF Reader 5.x or later. You can download the latest version of the Adobe viewer at www.adobe.com

B. Toyota-Tech makes use of pop-up windows to make certain information available to you. In order to get the full benefit from the Toyota-Tech Websites, please set your browser to "Allow pop-ups". Note: Windows XP SP2 installs and enables a pop-up blocker automatically. This has to be disabled or configured to allow pop-ups from the Toyota-Tech site.

Not sure how they work out how long you have spent online, use the contact us button to email and ask a question

Kingo thumbsup.gif

hi kingo

thanks for reply.i have windows xp profesional.ive blocked popups and installed acrobat.i will take your advice and email them.i read Q&A through several times.and yes i removed my adobe 9.its a pity haynes dont do a manuel for the auris.there wiring diagrams are not perfect but would help in a lot of cases (wiring colours etc.)thanks again.i getting to old for this.its like the wife says every time you get a perfectly good car you have to start puling it to bits.

just had a thought, the wiring diagrams are an item you have to subscribe for. but there are several things are free, maintenance schedules,accessories fitting etc.if these display ok, why not the subscribe ones.

Kingo thumbsup.gif

hi kingo

thanks for reply.i have windows xp profesional.ive blocked popups and installed acrobat.i will take your advice and email them.i read Q&A through several times.and yes i removed my adobe 9.its a pity haynes dont do a manuel for the auris.there wiring diagrams are not perfect but would help in a lot of cases (wiring colours etc.)thanks again.i getting to old for this.its like the wife says every time you get a perfectly good car you have to start puling it to bits.

just had a thought, the wiring diagrams are an item you have to subscribe for. but there are several things are free, maintenance schedules,accessories fitting etc.if these display ok, why not the subscribe ones.

You should allow pop-ups to take full advantage of the Toyota Tec Site!

Kingo thumbsup.gif

hi kingo

You should allow pop-ups to take full advantage of the Toyota Tec Site!

hi all

i got things a** about face i meant to say i allowd popups,as i found it turned off when checking.

i have emailed the tec site about the credit issue.thanks for the help.