Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Lpg Kit For Corolla

corolla_4life

Hello everyone, I have a 93 corolla 1.6 with the 4A-FE engine. It has done 105k miles and is in good condition.. I wanted to know is it possible to convert it to run on LPG and if yes what are the good and bad points.. I am new to LPG so I have very little knowledge about the pros and cons.. And if it is possible which kit would be the best option.. Thanks.. Will appreciate your responses..

Hello everyone, I have a 93 corolla 1.6 with the 4A-FE engine. It has done 105k miles and is in good condition.. I wanted to know is it possible to convert it to run on LPG and if yes what are the good and bad points.. I am new to LPG so I have very little knowledge about the pros and cons.. And if it is possible which kit would be the best option.. Thanks.. Will appreciate your responses..

Hi Corolla_4life

Yes, LPG conversions are widely available on most vehicles these days including turbo/supercharged and even diesel (usually lorries).

I have had several LPG cars, they run much quieter, your oil will stay much cleaner, and it is virtually half the cost of petrol.

You must ensure you get a multi-point system as this is the most up-to-date ( and most efficient ) type.

The car will start on petrol and will cut over to LPG automatically, you will be able to tell what fuel you are running on using the gauge that will be fitted into the car

There are lots of different makes to chose from, and when I had my Corolla G6R ( had 89000 miles on when converted) - which had the same 1.6 4afe engine, I went for a good quality Italian system ( Romano ), I have had Tartarini, and they are good as well.

THe LPG system needs virtually no maintenance ( you should have it checked out after 1 year, the conversion I went for would include this).

Prior to conversion it is worthwhile checking the condition of your plugs/HT leads/Distributor cap/rotor arm as it is vital these components are in good condition when running LPG ( I replaced all mine prior to conversion)

When you start using the car after conversion it will drink a bit of LPG until the system beds in.

I found after 800 miles the lpg system was running efficiently.

You will also find that some LPG filling staions have an incentive scheme as well, so every time you fill up they stamp your card and once full you send it off and you are sent back a voucher ( usually in 2 days) for 35litres of free LPG.

Pro's

fuel cost

clean running car

Cons

I found lpg to put out some water, so ensure your exhaust system is sound.

I travelled some distance and had my car converted in Widnes in 2009 and it cost £900

If you want any further details just drop me a line

Thanks for your reply mate.. If I wanted to do it myself can u tell me what does the lpg kit consist of? Which parts do I have to buy?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links