Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Changer Connector

Notebook

Hi All

Imported lots of stuff from alibaba express and looking at a yatour mp3 player

Looking at this for my rav -

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/317466394-USB-SD-MP3-Interface-Adapter-Virtual-CD-Changer-for-Toyota-factory-radio-6-6-plug-wholesalers.html

Toyota factory radio 6+6 plug is required - anyone know if this is correct on the standard radio/cd player?

How easy is it to remove?

Thanks

Chances are on your RAV4.2 55 Plate you have the 7+5 connector rather then the 6+6

The changeover is often quoted as being around 2003, but wasn't on the RAV4 in reality. 

Can't find the search button now on this forum, but if you do a search for CD Changer pinouts, you will find some diagrams and info, as well as how to removed the unit (which is very easy)

Chances are on your RAV4.2 55 Plate you have the 7+5 connector rather then the 6+6

The changeover is often quoted as being around 2003, but wasn't on the RAV4 in reality. 

Can't find the search button now on this forum, but if you do a search for CD Changer pinouts, you will find some diagrams and info, as well as how to removed the unit (which is very easy)

Hoovie

I used to struggle with the search feature but its down on the lower left hand side. Don't put anything into the box just select the "go" button and it will open up the old search page you are familiar with :thumbsup:

Looks I interesting. It says it is not compatible with the satnav models but I can't see why not if the 6+6 plug is the same as the other models. Maybe they are covering their backs with the lossof track info you get on the nav models?

Hoovie

I used to struggle with the search feature but its down on the lower left hand side.  Don't put anything into the box just select the "go" button and it will open up the old search page you are familiar with :thumbsup:

Thanks AM  :thumbsup:

Notebook - this post maybe of some use .... Info on RAV4.2 Radio

Note that even if you have no CD Changer, you DO still have a connector plugged into the connection and if you remove that, then the Radio cannot be controlled.  I think the first solution I tried for an MP3 player had this problem - the supplier did not supply suitable cables to allow that to stay connected.

Good luck

PS  all my comments assume you have one of the common RAV4 head units from 2000-2006; the Sat Nav Unit could be different?

I have just found this one and it looks to be the one. If says compatible with navigation models.

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects2-ctatyipod003-ipod-adapter-with-text-toyota-cruiser-p-16010.html

Anyone used this one?

Hi

The one I was looking at has a slot for a memory card, so you can put your songs on it and it acts a cd multichanger :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Hoovie

I used to struggle with the search feature but its down on the lower left hand side.  Don't put anything into the box just select the "go" button and it will open up the old search page you are familiar with :thumbsup:

Thanks AM 

Notebook - this post maybe of some use .... Info on RAV4.2 Radio

Note that even if you have no CD Changer, you DO still have a connector plugged into the connection and if you remove that, then the Radio cannot be controlled.  I think the first solution I tried for an MP3 player had this problem - the supplier did not supply suitable cables to allow that to stay connected.

Good luck

PS  all my comments assume you have one of the common RAV4 head units from 2000-2006; the Sat Nav Unit could be different?

Looked at the number on the unit and it is the exact same one - cheers :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links