Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've Just Bought.........a Prius!

fuel miser

Perhaps I've even surprised myself, I've spent several weeks looking for the right 08/58 plate BMW 520D SE touring with a manual gearbox and sat-nav, but I just couldn't find the colour/mileage/equipment combination I wanted. However, having been lurking on the BMW owners forum for some time (forgive me father for I have sinned!) those standard-fit run-flat tyres obviously seem to be a total pain in the :censor: . They apparently spoil the ride, suffer from pressure leaks and uneven wear, they're at least £150 a corner to replace, are good for only 12,000 max, and can also cause the alloy wheels to crack if you hit road humps or pot holes. So maybe I won't regret this.

My current 06 T4 has now done 88,000 miles, so I was thinking I should sell it whilst there's 12,000 miles of hybrid warranty remaining. I bought it in auction when it was exactly 2 years old and had done 50,000 miles, a noisy wheel bearing was replaced and four new wheels were fitted (due to corrosion) all of this was done under warranty. Since then NOTHING has ever failed on this car, not even a bulb! Other than servicing, tyres and fuel, not a penny has had to be spent on it. However, whilst the reliability has been exemplary, I do cover frequent long trips, the Prius is fabulous in traffic but (IMO) not the greatest thing to drive for hours on end and cover, for example, 480 miles a day in, as I just did on Thursday. A few months ago I actually drove 740 miles in one day!

So. Two weeks ago I had a holiday approaching in which I would cover almost 2000 miles and wanted another car to do this in, I'd given up trying to find the right BM, so off to auction I went to buy another Prius in a colour I really like. I've bought an 18 month old T-Spirit on an 09 plate with 30,700 miles on it. It's an ex lease car (actually belonged to BMW's leasing company!) with fully stamped Toyota service history, I had spotted before I bought it that a couple of front tyres were required fairly soon, and unfortunately it has no owner's manual with it. However, at £9400 I've undoubtedly got a bargain, it's a good £4500 less than it would be on Mr T's forecourt. Depreciation is the biggest factor in the expense of running a car, in buying at auction and selling privately, I reckon the purchase cost of every other car actually costs me nothing as opposed to just trading in!

I'm now getting used to all the gadgets that my T4 doesn't have, I heard some interesting pronunciations of various towns from the sat-nav on my first trip up to Scotland!

I had all this typed out yesterday and then at the same time attempted to upload a pic, but lost the whole lot in the process! (I've managed to do this on other forums but never tried on here) So I'll post this first and then try and upload a pic.

post-62102-128542515768_thumb.jpg

We have decided to lease our one, the idea is that we will have a new car every three years, Im gonna give it a good workout and take the wife to Scotland to see her family, so will let you know as Im going to be keeping a close eye on the performance and the MPG.

By the way I like your Prius, very nice

I like the write up. nice one................you will be forgiven this once, and this once only, but please do not mention the cars with the Badge which it two quarters blue and two white, it is a wonder the moderator has not had a go at you for swearing...... :yahoo:

T-spirit is a very nice car, you will enjoy the differences. Good luck with it.

Interesting that you too found some route town pronunciations different on your route to Scotland,had the same problem and reported to Toyota, they led me to believe that my problems was the only one...same sat nav used on Prius as Avensis and Lexus and no body has reported the problems....they asked me to do a recording of the incorrect town directions which I have submitted but still await and answer as to what they intend to do...but think will have to wait for a new update sometime later this or early next year......welcome to the Prius Club.