Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member Says Hi :) And Sets A Poll Question On Hilux

Mobile Primum

Hilux Diesel - You are in the back of beyond. Dirt roads along high mountain slopes.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What engine size is best? Diesel 3.0 or 2.5

Greetings all,

I'd like to buy a s/h Hilux as I am not quite sure what model to go for, I've joined the forum to pick up some tips and learn a bit more about them.

I'm planning a trip through South America and as Toyota has factories in that neck of the woods, it's not too difficult to get spares and repairs.

My first choice was a Landrover 110 but spares and repairs can be very costly when you are stuck somewhere in the Andes.

After a bit of research the Hilux sounds like the best choice.

If I ask basic questions please be patient if I sound a bit thick, however in time, I hope to be sharing my knowledge with you.

Best regards & thanks for completing the poll :)

MP

Greetings all,

I'd like to buy a s/h Hilux as I am not quite sure what model to go for, I've joined the forum to pick up some tips and learn a bit more about them.

I'm planning a trip through South America and as Toyota has factories in that neck of the woods, it's not too difficult to get spares and repairs.

My first choice was a Landrover 110 but spares and repairs can be very costly when you are stuck somewhere in the Andes.

After a bit of research the Hilux sounds like the best choice.

If I ask basic questions please be patient if I sound a bit thick, however in time, I hope to be sharing my knowledge with you.

Best regards & thanks for completing the poll :)

MP

To be honest MP, I think the main decision should be Manual or Auto :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

nothing wrong with a good 3lt turbo preferably with intercooler, auto is good (no clutch to worry about) but if towing have a transmission cooler fitted. i can thourally recommend the ssr-g 3rd generation surf from 96 to 2002 they can be purchased for reasonable money but make sure you give it a good going over and ensure it has a good cooling system using toyota ready mixed red fluid. Mine for instance has two batteries as standard in parallel designed originally for use in cold areas, also has a seperate heating system for the rear seats. standard fitting is a high level compass, barometer and altitude meter, so its part fitted for expeditions, along with rear wheel drive as std or full range four wheel drive when engaged.adjustable shock absorber suspension is another feature.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links