Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Corolla T-Spirit

runboy

My T-Spirit just had it's first service already...

With 11500 miles ( :blink: ooppss...overdue!!!) it was well needed.

I've only had a few probs to be sorted...

First..Wheels needed to be rotated ( ;) Remember..the front tyres do wear down quicker than the rears...)

Second.. I keep getting a static shock from my driver's door..but wasn't to be found when checked out??? :unsure: ... does anybody else suffer with this prob, or is it just me, shock from closing the door from switching off the engine..or even when idle, and closing the door...

Apart from these faults, the car has performed well, with no major/minor probs otherwise.. ;)

Hi man-bing Funny enough i seem to get that a lot from my Yaris T Sport. Always after switching of the car and when i get out of the car and touch the door whack. I wonder why i get that. Never used to happen till after if came back from it's first service?

jerry!!

Recently I have been getting a lot of shocks from the 2, even hada couple of occasions where 2 blue sparks have jumped an inch from the body to my fingers which the girlfriend saw from a reasonable distance. don't know what has changed to start this off...

i was recently checking how hot is my water for the tea and got shocked by static when i put my finger into the water... how weird is that? ;-)

it must be the weather

I remember when i had my honda civic i was getting shocked all the time. I had just had a alarm system fitted. A guy looked at it and he adjusted my alarm as that was the fault of getting the shocks all the time. After that it was fine.

jerry!!

I get the shocks too-worse than any car I've owned before.

The cure I use is to ensure I'm touching the door or body as I step out (you can do it if you just rest your hand on the roof etc). That way any static goes straight out without the shock.

I notice a shock if you are near the headrest metal prongs where they go into the top of the seat-that one really stings for some reason!.

Do you think that it could be a fault ? Of the weather is responsible for all the static in the air?

jerry!!

I been getting a lot of shocks off my Corolla T3. I think its maybe due to me driving around with my arm on the centre arm rest. You can tell the static is building up, as the hairs on my arm stand on and as i hover it near the plastic surface of the centre storage/arm rest thing!

Sorry to drag my post up to the top again, but is anyone able to answer my post re the engine noise and gearbox?.

Cheers guys.

Just a few lines from Melbourne Australia. The vvti Corollas over here are all Japanese assembled and have 1.8lt 100kw engines, bodystyles are the five door hatch ("Seca" )or sedan, or wagon, no 3 door hatch is available, with the Sport T soon coming from South Africa, with 140kw motor, but only as a five door hatch.

Ours (1.8 auto) is around 6k miles and 8months old, and I have to say it is one of the noisiest, coubikst new cars I have owned, it seems very underdeveloped in terms of NVH with dealers here saying "nothing we can do,they're all like that".

I'm trying a sound deadening kit soon, but I reckon it's something more an engine mount design problem.

On the upside economy is fantastic on Optimax.

Can I ask other their opinion on the cold start revs of their cars, stone cold mine goes straight to 2300rpm, then settles to 1800 over the next 3-4 minutes.

Given that 75% of engine wear occurs within the first 10 minutes of running, I'm wondering how that'd be affecting internal wear and eventual durability of the engine.

Dealers say, "yes they are high revs when starting, but it's to warm the catalytic converter quickly"

Any thoughts anyone..??

I have a 1.6 VVT i Tspirit and yes I agree the engine revs are high at start up and quickly settle to around 1800 1900 rpm (still very high) before reaching an idle of 600 RPM over a very ong period of warm up. The engines seem to get noisier the more miles you do and start knocking slightly at 1200 rpm idle when on choke. I have now covered 2400 miles in the car and the engine is noiser than when first new. The idle at 575 to 600rpm is also very low and makes the car feel lumpy. This contrasts greatly to the 1.4 VVTi, at start up the revs never reach more than 1100 and settle to idle 600 rpm very quickly, this smaller engine copes better with the low idle. I think we will all have to lean on Toyoat GB to have the Engine Managment unit remapped on the 1.6 VVTi. Having driven 3 Tspirits over a period of time I can say they are all the same.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links