Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cts Supercharger

nrgizerbunny

As my dad is now having my car and he is retired. I thought I would do something to it to make it that little less granddaddy and more of a wolf in sheep's clothing. As I am an Aerospace Engineer, I really need to do something useful with my life and this seems useful to me.

So I have decided to do some sort of forced induction. I had a look around and saw that turbokits.com do a turbo kit for the corolla, only problem is its designed for left hand drive vehicles and that turbo would probably burn through my steering rack. I had a look for some superchargers on newcelica and 9thgencorolla and the majority or positive displacement, this is not something I want as I am planning on keeping the engine internals stock - for the moment. Later on once the power is reliable I shall probably strengthen the pistons etc. The general consensus is the engine is good for 260-270PS at the wheels. This corresponds to somewhere around 290-300PS at the crank (using my rough calculations). I don't really want to get all this power in one go as I like to make my equipment reliable more than anything else.

I also want to make the power drivable and not have ridiculous power delivery. For this reason I have decided to opt to supercharge and not turbocharge the car. Having poked around I found a centrifugal supercharger from a company in Denmark called rotrex. www.rotrex.com

I am going to purchase the C30-94 model. Having had a scan of their compressor map and not wanting to blow my engine, I worked out I probably need around 0.38kg/s at full whack. This should allow me to get a boost pressure of 0,4bar, if I change the pulley, I should be able to get 0,6bar.

The main problem I see is getting the supercharger into the engine bay, this could require a spot of welding and thought but thats the challenge!

First thing ordered - AEM FIC £450 I'm going to get this working in NA and then worry about tinkering.

I'll keep this thread updated.

Cheers

NRG

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nrgizerbunny

• KPARRIS-JONES

• CorollaD4D

• Clawliger

My idea when i starting thinking along this route was to remove the air conditioning completley. This way you have a large space for the cjarger. And a relativley short tract ti the inlet manifd. And eniugh sspace for pipework etc for a fmic.

Where would you get the aftermarket pulley from?

I was looking at an Apexi OR AEM FIC just because you can get rid of the MAF altogether and get your car accuratcely mapped. Thing is though, you need a lambda boss port sorting on your headers don't you for the AEM FIC which means saving up even more for new headers.

have a word with Se7en motorsport, they do rotrex kits fitted for the gen7 celica, maybe they could adapt a celica kit to fit the corolla.

I had a look at Se7en Motorsport. The issue with that bracket they sell is the engine bay. the Celica is longer than the Corolla, so their kit will not fit.

However, the Corolla has an electric power steering system so I'm going to move the alternator and put it slightly lower than where the alternator originally was.

For starters a 110mm pulley on the rotrex to see what I get. I'll then bump it up as I see fit.

my question is. If you succeed. Is this going to be a how to with accurate pricing etc?

I don't really understand the question. :huh:

He's asking if you are going to make How To: Guide on this project. :D

Would be sweet to have a how to on a project like this, a lot of people would have an idea of what to do for better performance gains.

You sir, could begin something new for CTS owners everywhere! :P

Subscribed!

Going slightly off topic, where do you work at? (if you dont mind me asking) as I also work in the aerospace industry

Hmmm.. what can I make KP say... Hmmmmmm!

Daddy Love :drool::toast:

Edited by cfc1
to tidy up the thread

Removed

Edited by cfc1
Quote, sorry rallyfan.

I had a look at Se7en Motorsport. The issue with that bracket they sell is the engine bay. the Celica is longer than the Corolla, so their kit will not fit.

However, the Corolla has an electric power steering system so I'm going to move the alternator and put it slightly lower than where the alternator originally was.

For starters a 110mm pulley on the rotrex to see what I get. I'll then bump it up as I see fit.

i would suggest fitting the alternater to the back of the engine as the corolla compressor is then any brackets for mounting can be obtained from toyota and i think a wiring loom exstention aswell this would leave a nice space to fit your supercharger.

Subscribed!

Going slightly off topic, where do you work at? (if you dont mind me asking) as I also work in the aerospace industry

I'm into large industrial gas turbines, essentially a jet engine minus the aeroplane.

Subscribed!

I'm into large industrial gas turbines, essentially a jet engine minus the aeroplane.

Interesting stuff! im into the composite materials side of things

it about time someone did something interesting to there t-sports :thumbsup:

FIC is here,

I spoke to a nice chap at GMCmotorsports in Scotland today, very knowledgable chap and pointed me in the errors of my ways, My Rotrex is on order with them £1600 with two pulleys..

Do you need to write the map yourself for the FIC?

Not sure, if I can find someone to tune it that is local I'll get them to do it. I just want to get it in the car in normally aspirated and see if it works.

... your clearly more attentive than me KP. Funnily enough been speaking to ckman about ecu's, how come you went with the AEM and not anything else such as Dastek? I am serisouly thinking about investing in a piggyback before any other mods, to sort out optimum fuelling etc