Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Supercharger

nrgizerbunny

Anyone know any good Laser Cutting shops?

What do you need to get done?

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nrgizerbunny

• KPARRIS-JONES

• CorollaD4D

• Clawliger

I need to get some 8mm steel cut into shape for a bracket for the supercharger.

I need to get some 8mm steel cut into shape for a bracket for the supercharger.

My oldman is a toolmaker and they use wire eroders that can cut just about any shape in metal, he did me some custom door inserts for the hand holes in my car doors and had them plated in stainless steel for me as I only had one of the rubber inserts when I bought the car.

Don't know if this is the kind of thing you are looking at.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you mate, why do you want to run parallel ECU's?

hhhmmm you should be able to get some very good Heat-Shielding between the charger and the Exhaust.

I really want some metal plate cut out into the correct shape for my bracket. Here's the shape I would like to cut out. I drew it up on solidworks

superchargerbracketmk1.JPG

and here's the two holes on the back of the engine where the idler pulley goes and where I intend to attach my supercharger. Its pretty close to the exhaust and I don't know what the heat shield temperature will be in that area. I'll have to take it for a ride next time and see what we get up to

2010_1009_151243.JPG

I really want some metal plate cut out into the correct shape for my bracket. Here's the shape I would like to cut out. I drew it up on solidworks

superchargerbracketmk1.JPG

and here's the two holes on the back of the engine where the idler pulley goes and where I intend to attach my supercharger. Its pretty close to the exhaust and I don't know what the heat shield temperature will be in that area. I'll have to take it for a ride next time and see what we get up to

2010_1009_151243.JPG

Don't think the wire eroder would be any good as it would have to cut a channel from the outside to be able to cut the holes and this is seriously going to weaken your metal.

Oh well !

i found a laser cutting place in NS. Does anyone else want a bracket at the same time?? if so I'll get multiple ones cut out.

My bracket has been milled. I had a look around at everyone else's brackets and then decided to do my own. The final test will be in the mounting.

anyhow that aside, here's some pics. main bracket, arm (which I might weld - will see), two spacers. I might change the bolts on the rotrex to countersunk ones if it impinges on the belt. we shall see!

pics!

2010_1020_161449.JPG

2010_1020_161503.JPG

2010_1020_161528.JPG

there is something wrong with my hosting server - the pics seem intermittent, hopefully that will be fixed shortly.

• 2 months later...

A bit of an update,

Supercharger goes in but has a problem it fouls the radiator when you lift (because the engine moves forward), thus i've had to do a bit of a redesign! BALL !Removed!!

Anyhow, I have purchased one of these yhst-62631657248580_2138_20840411.jpg

its aluminium core but more importantly half the width so the fouling should go away. I had some doubts as to whether it would provide sufficient cooling but the integra boys use them on more machines with way more power than I'm aiming for. Based on some rough cigarette packet calculations I should be okay.

Thats another £250 down though!

On another note, I am working on getting the power FC to work.

supercharger is back out now, I'm waiting for the new radiator, I'll bolt that in and then I need to move the alternator

I have made an Excel spreadsheet for the pin comparison between the EU Corolla T sport and the 2000-02 Celica GTS.

The link is here http://www.nrgizerbunny.com/supercharger/diagrams/corollaecupinout.xls

Some things that are worth noting.

1. All the engine inputs and outputs are in the same place.

2. The corolla connectors and the celica ECU connectors are identical.

3. If fitting something like a greddy e-manage or AEM FIC, the looms that boomslang make will be plug and play (provided all pins are connected)

4. The secondary air injection tom foolery that the EU corolla has is very different to the US version.

5. I'm still unsure of how the EVAP system works.

You really have done alot of research for this. I take my hat off to you sir.

Have you got one of boomslangs harnessss or did you get boosted off new celi to make one up for you in the end?

Boosted is making me one up.

I'm also buying some raw bits from boomslang to build my own up. I am a bit unsure of how successful boosted's will be as he won't have anything to test on and will be going from a diagram - all that said he has got it going on lotus's before so I await to see.

Very nice project :thumbsup:

Been reading up on a few of the newcelica.org rotrex endevours as it caught my interest. Seems most have mounted their intercoolers either directly below or on top of the radiator, depending on the size they had chosen. Gonna be a challenge figuring out the pipe work from the throttle body without restricting the air flow too much.

Also seems most people are running 110mm pulleys with stock internals and upgrading for anything smaller, so thats probably a good call. In any case it will likely out perform the TTE charger :thumbsup: . Best of luck!

im am also looking forward to the outcome of this project

is there anywhere in the uk that would do a S/C conversion ,drive in and drive out jobby for a reasonable price ?

im am also looking forward to the outcome of this project

is there anywhere in the uk that would do a S/C conversion ,drive in and drive out jobby for a reasonable price ?

Seven Motorsport do the rotrex drive in drive out on the celicas they could possibly do a rolla but i doubt it will be reasonable or cost effective unless you have some serious plans for the car

I don't think there is anywhere in the UK or worldwide that does a drive in drive out supercharger, you can buy a turbo from the states but because its RHD, the clearance between the steering rack and the turbo is a problem.

As far as superchargers go, as Farhan said, Seven Motorsports do it for Celicas but there are again some technical hurdles to overcome, firstly the amount of room in the engine bay and the EU corollas have VSC, EBD, TSC whilst the celicas do not. Hence the wiring of a piggyback or aftermarket ECU presents another problem.

I'm glad that things are still going strong with this mate. I'd love to have a go at this sort of work! :thumbsup:

KP

well today's helping of engineering !Removed! is brought to you by mishimoto, this rad is from a civic so its double thickness but half as wide.

here's the rad

2011_0109_104915.JPG

Here's some more pictures, I have hit a stumbling block in that whilst the bottom hose will go onto the rad, the top hose will not, So I'll need a couple of elbows and a joiner to get it to fit. Nobody said this would be simple and straight forward...

2011_0109_104922.JPG

2011_0109_111342.JPG

2011_0109_111354.JPG

Off I go googling.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links