Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Supercharger

nrgizerbunny

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nrgizerbunny

• KPARRIS-JONES

• CorollaD4D

• Clawliger

I've had to take a bit of time out, I've managed to mig weld through my trainers and it hurts like hell.

Hmm didn't think you could weld trainers! Lol

Bet it does hurt like hell! How badly did you burn it?

A shard went up in the air, straight through my trainers, through my sock and embedded itself in my little toe. its right where the toe bends so it hurts.

Much better today though. So much so I have put the car back together and put 50miles on it.

here we are finished for 3 weeks of testing. Then pipe into the intake and job done.

I went for the stealth install. Even the engine plastics all fit!

2011_0603_083823.JPG

Love it, fingers crossed the tuning goes well.

you reckon youd be able to list everything youve done etc for a kit?

The basic problem is getting it to fit. I've proved it can be done so thats the difficult bit over.

What kind of things were you after?

The high ticket items are the charger, intercooler and piping. The rest of the stuff is not really that expensive.

off the top of my head

1. Rotrex £1500

2. Intercooler £130

3. Pipework £200

4. Supercharger Brackets, rad brackets £200. Although if you get enough people you can get this down to £50 (I had to pay the minimum order)

5. Pulley and belts £40

6. Bolts and things £50

7. Fans £40

8. Dump Valve £80

So thats a little over £2000 + the electronics

Truly awesome! And not a bad price to be honest.... Great stuff.

KP

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update since last time. I've been driving around with it pumping to atmosphere to check everything out.

I had two problems

1. I broke the weld on my reinforcement plate

2. I shredded a belt!

Item 1 involved a trip to B and Q and another bracket being laser cut, but a relatively easy thing to fix.

here's the net result, I used some 4mm angle iron, I cut a couple of slits in it, lined it up and then welded it. That baby isn't going anywhere :yahoo:

251191_10150654851365634_549210633_19410126_7011334_n.jpg

Item 2 was more of a headache, I couldn't find any faults, so I invested in some laser alignment gear to check my pulleys out. Screw me the alignment of Toyota pulleys is cack. the air con pulley was out by 1/2 a rib and the alternator was out by 2 ribs! After some grinding and filing I have now got it to within 0.5mm.

You can see my hand in the picture aiming the laser at the pulley. the dot is supposed to be on the second rib which it is. I had to grind some material off the alternator to get the alignment right

263721_10150654851495634_549210633_19410128_2608736_n.jpg

OOH and the following have turned up

Fuel Injectors

APexi Power FC

AEM Uego

Fuel Pump

MAF Clamp

Can't wait to see what it's like with the Apexi!!

Excellent work my friend, brilliant read and glad to see it all up and running :)

I'm going for a test this weekend with:

Power FC on engine control

Stock ECU on everything else and idle.

Sanj,

Have you made a harness for the Apexi then?? As if I keep the Rolla, then I'd want to invest in an Apexi. Just wondering if you would create the harness if I did??

Sanj,

Have you made a harness for the Apexi then?? As if I keep the Rolla, then I'd want to invest in an Apexi. Just wondering if you would create the harness if I did??

well I kind of cheated, I bought a US corolla harness from the states just to give me the pins and connectors and then modified it. it was cheaper to get the pins and things from him America it was from the local dealer.

the UK corolla requires the apexi and standard ecu together, it will not work purely on the apexi. I have my harness ready to go so we'll see at the weekend if it works! I'll post a pic later.

just bare in mind if you go down this route, you will not have full stability control. The car will correct the skid by braking but it will not kill the engine.

i have my stability (vsc) off anyway as i removed the air pump system because it was duff.

let us know the result with your harness etc and they way you modded it to fit. as ive been pondering getting a PFC for a while now.

Sanj,

well I kind of cheated, I bought a US corolla harness from the states just to give me the pins and connectors and then modified it. it was cheaper to get the pins and things from him America it was from the local dealer.

the UK corolla requires the apexi and standard ecu together, it will not work purely on the apexi. I have my harness ready to go so we'll see at the weekend if it works! I'll post a pic later.

just bare in mind if you go down this route, you will not have full stability control. The car will correct the skid by braking but it will not kill the engine.

Im sure we would all be interested if you started making to order .itd be a nice lil earner for you

The other problem is you won't have any change out of £300! I don't think anyone would want to pay that much!

I'm too far along to chicken out now so I've got no choice.

here's a pic of the apexi and wiring loom

264096_10150662959390634_549210633_19509581_7791301_n.jpg

it was a bit of a ballache wiring and somewhat complicated,

267891_10150662959330634_549210633_19509580_3120279_n.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links