Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cts Supercharger

nrgizerbunny

NrGizer, me and my brother have had the gatorback belts driving our alt, water pump etc for about 4 months now with no issues.

Very well made belt, also bought from eBay at a very good price

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for your power FC, also how much to make me up a harness?(looking to get one early summer)

luke

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nrgizerbunny

• KPARRIS-JONES

• CorollaD4D

• Clawliger

$950USD for the apexi, i bought it new but in hindsight there are plenty for sale on newcelica for half that.

The harness was a total ballache. I asked boosted 2.0 from newcelica to make me one, I provided all of the drawings and paid him, he made one that was a bag of rubbish. I would never deal with that guy ever again, he ripped me off and when he realised his screw up, he ignored my e-mails.

Anyway I built my own harness which I'm running now. As you can see from the way I do things, I generally only alter one thing and then test it to see if it works. The same thing is in progress with the harness.

At the moment I have the following CELS (These are not real, just because the stock ECU has no feedback signal), I just need to work my way through them and fix them.

1. Misfire on all four cylinders (I have a diode fix for this)

2. VVTLi Valve (Resistor Fix)

3. VVTI Valve (Resistor Fix)

4. Idle Control Valve (Resistor Fix - although I might get the stock to do the idle, not sure yet)

5. Primary Lambda sensor (I'm going to feed the stock ECU with a wide open throttle signal to prevent it going into closed loop).

You can get an Apexi, plug it in and it will start the car up and drive on it but none of your instrumentation will work. A bog standard loom to get your instruments working and leave the CEL's on will cost about £175 I think, if you want all of the CELs off then that will cost more and I don't know how much because I haven't done 1 to 5 yet.

I love your updates mate

"Test drove it today with the charger connected, felt like lift at 1500rpm but that's not important, just look at my new shiney drivebelt" :lol:

Natural born engineer.

I love your updates mate

"Test drove it today with the charger connected, felt like lift at 1500rpm but that's not important, just look at my new shiney drivebelt" :lol:

laugh.gif soo true

This is one of the best threads on TOC and I wanna say thanks for the constant updates, I follow with interest. :)

Well today's update. I've been driving around today, doing my stress tests and so far it has been uneventful. The car does need a tune but even without. It's much faster than stock, power delivery is very smooth, boost available from pretty much idle all the way up.

To put into perspective what I've done, here's a before and after shot of the front of the car

390449_10151004019530634_549210633_22125478_877047964_n.jpg

Looking good mate, that intercooler is huge!!

I can't wait to see the first video!!

is that yellow thing a vacuum in both pictures? also is that a shock absorber on the strut brace and doesn't that defeat the object of having a strut brace?

yellow thing is a kaercher vacuum cleaner.

The strut brace comes with the facelifts and has a damper in it.

Intercooler seems to be doing the job, the maximum temperature I was getting out of the intercooler was 17C, admittedly that was to 4000RPM but i really need to see what the intake is like.

what does lift feel like??

I haven't revved it passed 5000rpm. it feels like you are in lift from 1000RPM.

• 2 weeks later...

and for todays update. I've got a leak, and its not a small one at that.

I swapped the fuel injectors over and the damn seals leak. Off to toyota to buy some new ones, major suckage.

Sanj cheers for the fuel pump. At least when the injectors leaked it's just the o-rings mate and not anything more sinister with the injectors themselves or the fuel rail. You need to pop a video on of your car on idle and throttle blipping because the sound is amazing.

You need to pop a video on of your car on idle and throttle blipping because the sound is amazing.

I concur. :D

Did you manage to fit your BOV in by the way?

Saw a video of this rotrex supercharged yaris on youtube with the same BOV that you bought (

), well over the top but very cool :thumbsup: Too bad we dont have the same sort of under bonnet space, would have made your life a lot easier :)

Very good reading, also enjoyed reading the fuel pump guide that you wrote - keep up the good work!

I took the bumper off today to bead one of the pipes which was not beaded. I also doubled up on some jubilee clips.

I really am not sure how I managed to get it all in there and still have space to get the bumper on but I managed it somehow!

388296_10151054628045634_549210633_22277324_456598864_n.jpg

389826_10151054628285634_549210633_22277325_2096739586_n.jpg

387625_10151054627780634_549210633_22277323_8795638_n.jpg

Monday is tuning day. I don't think I can do many more checks.

You must be an expert at getting the bumper on and off by now :)

Whilst i'm sure you have already sorted this, just checking the car has been revalued by your insurer as you've spent a lot of cash upgrading it. If the worst case scenario occured a normal value CTS payout wouldn't cover the bits and all the man hours you've put in. Let alone another car!

You must be an expert at getting the bumper on and off by now :)

Whilst i'm sure you have already sorted this, just checking the car has been revalued by your insurer as you've spent a lot of cash upgrading it. If the worst case scenario occured a normal value CTS payout wouldn't cover the bits and all the man hours you've put in. Let alone another car!

Good Idea. I'll look into that! I hadn't thought of it.