• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nrgizerbunny

• KPARRIS-JONES

• CorollaD4D

• Clawliger

do you think I would actually care about sound! :thumbsup: The fun bit is when you turn up at lights knowing you can smoke the vast majority of "quick" cars on the road. 260PS (300PS Crank?) and 1210kg is 214PS/Tonne of wheel horsepower and 252PS/Tonne of engine horsepower.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

NRG do you reckon you'd have a golf R32 in your corolla? actually if it has 250bhp at the crank, less at the wheels then i reckon you'd smoke one?

Easily

Golf weighs in at 1510kg

The power to weight ratio will be much better in the Corolla

R32 no problem.

Once the corolla is off the line, then it will take a very quick car to out do it. Something like an EVO or Subaru with 320PS+ or an M3

My journey is now complete and I guess I better sell the car!

are you really going to sell it or are you being sarcastic? laugh.gif

I've had a few offers! LOL, At the moment I'm going to keep it. It really is a showcase of engineering more than anything else.

the main advantage for me is it will still do an easy 300 miles on a tank if you don't cane it.

i would say keep it man for sure because its such a sleeper like "OMG i just got owned" sleeper laugh.gif

its something unique and its not like it drinks a lot of juice for its performance :)

M3 owners will be well surprised haha

keep the car looking as standard and less "hot hatch" as possible....but thats my opinion

Very well done! you certainly know your stuff :thumbsup:

You have got to do an in cabin video shot some time! love to see the how the revs pickup now and what happens in lift, presumably thats flattened out a bit - otherwise i'm guessing you'd just wheelspin, epecially in 2nd, maybe even in 3rd until your sort your tyres out?? :yahoo:

Toyo T1R's were really.. really good in the dry for me, never really had much wet faith in them but other people do.

Very well done! you certainly know your stuff :thumbsup:

You have got to do an in cabin video shot some time! love to see the how the revs pickup now and what happens in lift, presumably thats flattened out a bit - otherwise i'm guessing you'd just wheelspin, epecially in 2nd, maybe even in 3rd until your sort your tyres out?? :yahoo:

Toyo T1R's were really.. really good in the dry for me, never really had much wet faith in them but other people do.

Thankyou very much.

Lift is a bit of a non event really, the car just continues to accelerate. Realistically I think I need some different wheels but I don't want to spoil the OEM look of the car.

please please can we get a cabin video with something like an iPhone 4 (ie decent video quality) taped to the steering wheel on "private land"? :P

Why don't you keep a look out for some comp wheels? Still Toyota wheels

too difficult to clean.

Your not wrong there!

Maybe you could treat yourself to some from a GT-86 when they come out next year?...

KP

I think they are 5 stud.

Update:

My skittish handling which I thought was caused by too much power was in actual fact a nail in my tyre = low pressure = dodgy handling, tyre is now fixed and a lot better!

If the standard CTS handling is anything to go by then the extra power would be greatly complimented with a set of coilovers, even if without dropping the car, it will keep it feeling much tighter.

The Tein coilovers and Falken tyres have made me dads CTS a reall hoot to chuck about! :thumbsup:

KP

Nrgizer I'm planning on putting an intercooler on my comp, how would I calculate the size intercooler that I would need? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Tom