Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Supercharger

nrgizerbunny

95 and 110mm

Here's a piccy of the FIC. I bought the 8 channel model as this has the ability to have two maps. I forgot I had a car PC to download the maps to so I could have saved £100. oh well nvm

2010_0927_211958.JPG

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nrgizerbunny

• KPARRIS-JONES

• CorollaD4D

• Clawliger

saved £100?! Surely you don't mean it only cost you 100 notes for an FIC?

... is there anything that computer doesn't do other than make you a brew?

... your clearly more attentive than me KP. Funnily enough been speaking to ckman about ecu's, how come you went with the AEM and not anything else such as Dastek? I am serisouly thinking about investing in a piggyback before any other mods, to sort out optimum fuelling etc

Its got O2 sensor skew.

If it doesn't work I'll get an APexi PowerFC although this will mean a proper hack up of the ECU wires as it will be a parallel ecu job. Not for the feint hearted I think.

saved £100?! Surely you don't mean it only cost you 100 notes for an FIC?

... is there anything that computer doesn't do other than make you a brew?

not really.

if you can work some magic on the pfc let me know the only thing with me not carrying it out just yet is the trial and error bit from redliner in the US, i cant afford to get held up by any hiccups as i need the car daily.

If you need a hand let me know and good luck with the project iv subscribed thumbsup.gif

second hand alternator ordered - so I can work out my bracket spacing.

ratchet crimper on order

compression tester is here. Awaiting delivery of the rotrex!!!

anyone know how to wire up the breather hoses when you go turbo? obviously its not under a vacuum anymore.

@farhan, I have contacted a guy in Australia for a harness. It won't work until I butcher it because vsc doesn't exist on the sportivo. Not sure my electronics knowledge is good enough for it but we'll give it a go.

cheers

NRG

Alternator and compression tester has turned up, when it comes to tools, I am a total snob so its with regret I had to buy draper. Its now time to get measuring and solidworksing!!! That rotrex install is going to be a serious case of shoe horning.2010_0928_190438.JPG

2010_0928_190540.JPG

2010_0928_190457.JPG

This might be a question for KP.

If anyone does a compression test, how do they isolate the spark plugs? I would go looking through wiring diagrams and the such like to figure it out but if anyone can save me some time I would be grateful!

On the 4A-GE there is an EFI fuse sat in the fuse boxes to the right of the engine bay. If that is where the fuse is then you won't get ignition and you can perform the test.

I'll take a look for you. :)

sanj i remember carrying out a compression test mine we didnt remove any fuses, just unplug the injectors so they dont push no fuel in and remove all the plugs as normal and carry out the compression test on each cylinder.

I got engine lights straight after for misfires aswell but it was just a case of erasing the codes or leaving negative Battery terminal off for a bit

How To 2zz-ge Compression Test

Was it superdave who was going to partially fab up the harness, if you need any more help or info give redliner9k a shout on 9GC or ill pm you his email address i sent him some diagrams a few months back so should be of some use.

thumbsup.gif

hey thanks for that link farhan,

I have contacted superdave, the connectors on the USDM corolla are way different - so much so I don't think it will work. More chance with the Sportivo.

I might give the AEM a go and see how I get on but I have read some issues with idling etc.

When are you expecting all the big boy parts to roll through the post. thumbsup.gif

cant wait to see this, also before you head off again your bringing the car down to a meet!

I WANT TO SEE A VIDEO ALREADY!!!! :lol:

When do you expect to have this done then? I really want to see what sort of power you start pushing with this :D

And here's the photos!

2010_1006_220417.JPG

2010_1006_220429.JPG

2010_1006_220530.JPG

As you can see the charger is not that much bigger than the alternator. I just need to sort the inlet and outlet out.

that rotex looks yummy what's the max boost that can output? and does that take supercharger oil?

:thumbsup:

While I'm at it,

I have come to the following conclusions:

Where I was going to put the rotrex (ie where the alternator is currently) isn't going to happen as it won't fit!

There is no way the car owner will live without aircon so we can forget ditching that.

That leaves me with a nice pair of brackets that Toyota kindly left me on the back of the engine to bolt the rotrex to. The only problem with this is the proximity to the exhaust. I'm not sure how much the air will heat up in this area so I will need a fairly long pipe. This isn't actually too much of a problem as to gain the boost loss I can just change the pulley. The problem comes from the intercooling - I'll need a good one - anyone got any suggestions. I'm pretty new to all this and while i'm not cacking myself, I could do with some assistance. :help:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links