Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Supercharger

nrgizerbunny

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nrgizerbunny

• KPARRIS-JONES

• CorollaD4D

• Clawliger

OKay the blow off valve is here, as far as I can tell it looks legit. the packaging is too good to be fake but being the curious git that I am, I'm going to take it apart to have a look at it.

the need for the bov comes from when caning the car, if you cane it and lets say get to 8000RPM then lift the throttle, the valve will be shut and you will be compressing air against a shut valve. You'll generate a whole load of boost and cause backpressure which will trash the bearings in the supercharger.

My setup is like this:

Air enters air filter

Through Supercharger

Through intercooler

Through Blow off Valve

Through MAF sensor

Through throttle valve

on the compressor its set up different it goes air filter ,maff air ,throttle valve supercharger,intercooler then engine .

don,t no if will make any difference on your set up but you won,t get the pressure build at the throttle side so no need for the bov but will make a nice sound on gear changes. :thumbsup:

correct me if i'm wrong but I didn't think the compressor had an intercooler.

The maf sensor position determines if you have a recirculating bov or not, on the Compressor the air that goes into the blower is metered so the ECU accounts for it, if you then bleed that to atmosphere you get a rich mix and the car will be hesitant.

I didn't buy the BOV for the sound, I bought it out of necessity and on Clawligers recommendation! LOL

But the noise is sexual lol. Have you listened to them on youtube?

And yes the conpressor has no intercooler. And the charger is integrated into the inlet manifold so its a different set up all together.

Good work on the build, all this dumping of air is slightly confusing though. Was going to say the comp doesn't have a bov valve, because i don't get any sweet noises :o

215 installed the smaller pulley, and intercooler etc

had a look at your diagram and the corolla compressor set up isn,t as per the diagram and there is no by pass valve that i am aware of .air goes in from air filter then mass air then through throttle valve and straight to supercharger then from supercharger into inlet manifold .only thing on mine is ive fitted an intercooler in and smaller pulley and piggy back ecu and remap but kept the route the air travels the same .should of mentioned on my post had fitted an intercooler.

I have been a lazy swine watched rugby and forgotten to take bov pictures.

In the intervening period, to make sure my bracket could take the load, I did a finite element analysis on it. These photos looks bad and red is worse but to put it into perspective if I hang 30kg off the end of it, the bracket will flex 0.0005mm, a five pound note is 0.1mm thick. So to the techie folk out there, here's the loadings

rotrexbracketcorollarev8std150rotate0Study-FOS.jpg

here's the stress distribution magnified by about 5000

rotrexbracketcorollarev8std150rotate0-SimulationXpress Study-Stress-Stress.jpg

and finally here's the displacement magnified by about 5000

rotrexbracketcorollarev8std150rotate0Study-Displacement-Displacement.jpg

Loving the technical pics, these are right up my street, geeky I know but I dont care :thumbsup:

I don't know if anyone is actually reading this or if i'm talking to the baron internet but nonetheless here's an update.

Firstly BOV, i've come to the conclusion its legit. i've seen the knock offs and the engineering is too precise for it to be knocked off, also the tell tale circlips seem to be of good quality.

2011_0206_162556.JPG

2011_0206_162601.JPG

My idler pulley, I made up a spacer for it and then pushed it in, its not an interference fit but requires a hammer blow to get it out. For info the pulley is from a landrover. It was a bit of F*****ER to get the alignment and rocking sorted but i got it in the end.

2011_0206_162616.JPG

2011_0206_162623.JPG

2011_0206_162629.JPG

2011_0206_162700.JPG

2011_0206_162712.JPG

2011_0206_162725.JPG

Here's the inlet restrictor should I need it.

2011_0206_162824.JPG

The rad is getting angled slightly forward so I needed to make some new spacers. I made them slightly too long so I'll get a bit nobbled off to fit. I had a fair idea what would fit but its not perfect until you get it on the vehicle. I used a rubber grommet that goes in the back of electrical socket boxes to act as my vibration dampener, I made a slight recess on top of the spacer so it wouldn't wobble.

2011_0206_162900.JPG

2011_0206_163032.JPG

2011_0206_163154.JPG

I have been a lazy swine watched rugby and forgotten to take bov pictures.

In the intervening period, to make sure my bracket could take the load, I did a finite element analysis on it. These photos looks bad and red is worse but to put it into perspective if I hang 30kg off the end of it, the bracket will flex 0.0005mm, a five pound note is 0.1mm thick. So to the techie folk out there, here's the loadings

rotrexbracketcorollarev8std150rotate0Study-FOS.jpg

here's the stress distribution magnified by about 5000

rotrexbracketcorollarev8std150rotate0-SimulationXpress Study-Stress-Stress.jpg

and finally here's the displacement magnified by about 5000

rotrexbracketcorollarev8std150rotate0Study-Displacement-Displacement.jpg

oo good old solidworks ,this project is nuts man keep up the good work

Brilliant work :thumbsup:

Rotrex is just around the corner from me so I am following this with great interest!

Well done!

Where abouts are you mounting your intercooler bunny?

Is it going to be a similar-ish setup to this HG-motorsport one for the CTSC ? which is infront on the main radiator, the gap looks big enough looking at some bumper off pictures.

Tad on the expensive side that intercooler!

yep i'm mounting it like that intercooler,

I'm just having both inlet and outlet on one side. I don't know how they routed that pipe on the driver side into the engine bay without chopping some metal out.

intercooler positioned, F*** me is it tight!

No what you mean was tight fitting mine in also had to contend with the oil cooler.keep up the good work.

Here it is, 78mm core, 600 wide, 300 high.

I started off by putting it into position and lifted it with a trolley jack, Then I fabbed up some brackets and welded them to the bumper support. Sprayed all the welds up with galvanizing spray and then put it back together.

2011_0213_093444.JPG

2011_0213_095736.JPG

2011_0213_122113.JPG

For some reason my cack camerawork makes this intercooler pic look like its not level, i can guarantee it is. I used a stabila spirit level to check it!

2011_0213_143501.JPG

2011_0213_150810.JPG

I've just sat and read through this all, a very good thread, and a mighty looking project :thumbsup:

Keep us updated

thats one large intercooler looks like the top pipe is heading straight to the mounting bracket will you have room to get your to pipes connected looks very close .i had alot of problems getting the piping routed right on mine so ended up using an intercooler mount with pipes inlet and outlet at either end and going through the left side near the air injection pump and by the radiator to connect the other side.be interested to see how you overcome the piping issues as space is a bit of a problem.

i'm hoping i can rely on the ability of silicone to flex slightly!

I had a look on the internet and the guys in OZ and the USA tend to use much smaller intercoolers and mount them on the bottom of the bumper bar.

I'm not actually sure you need an intercooler for a supercharger but nonetheless other than the ballache factor it will be beneficial.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links