Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Does It Cost To Change Front Brake Disks And Pads

Captain_hook12

Hello all :thumbsup: , heard my brake/pads screaming today, was told i need to change them long time ago, so today they have had it. just wondering what should i expect to pay for a pair of new ones and the labour. i am not after fancy disks just the ordinary ones would do, i suppose getting this done at Toyota is a invite for being ripped off, so i would try local garages. please share some thoughts, thanks you folks!

go with ADL blueprint or Mintex discs and pads (personally i'd for for mintex). you are correct in going to mr t for the parts is invitation to being ripped off and invitation for buying crap discs and pads, mr t's discs and pads aren't very good at all. I'd say £70 for the discs and pads and then whatever the garage charge you to put them in. I'd expect to pay around £15 in my area or about £25 in other areas where the mechanics aren't my friends lol.

go with ADL blueprint or Mintex discs and pads (personally i'd for for mintex). you are correct in going to mr t for the parts is invitation to being ripped off and invitation for buying crap discs and pads, mr t's discs and pads aren't very good at all. I'd say £70 for the discs and pads and then whatever the garage charge you to put them in. I'd expect to pay around £15 in my area or about £25 in other areas where the mechanics aren't my friends lol.

seems it is cheaper to buy Mintex disks and pads

http://www.justpartsbiz.co.uk/acatalog/Toyota_Corolla_1.4_VVTi_Brake_Pads_and_Discs_Jan_2002_-_Dec_2006.html

do they last longer than regular kits, is it necessary to change the rear brakes as well to match? Ta!

they last the same amount of time same as any other set would do, maybe a tad less than a set of toyota ones but the price difference easily justifies buying mintex. they may squeal a little when dry but copper grease on the back of the pad coupled with the coming wet weather in the uk winter will look after that

. no you can leave the rears until they need changing, you dont need to do it all at once. for example on my own car i have sports grooved/dimpled discs with ferodo pads on the front yet i have mintex discs and pads on the rear.

i dont buy them from the net, i always buy from the local parts shop. so buy them from "<your location here> motor spares limited" lol.

they last the same amount of time same as any other set would do, maybe a tad less than a set of toyota ones but the price difference easily justifies buying mintex. they may squeal a little when dry but copper grease on the back of the pad coupled with the coming wet weather in the uk winter will look after that

. no you can leave the rears until they need changing, you dont need to do it all at once. for example on my own car i have sports grooved/dimpled discs with ferodo pads on the front yet i have mintex discs and pads on the rear.

i dont buy them from the net, i always buy from the local parts shop. so buy them from "<your location here> motor spares limited" lol.

thanks mate! Mintex then