Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard Warning Lights

vikkij

Please help, yesterday 3 warning lights started flashing alternately on my dashboard "Check engine system" "check 4x4 system" and "check VSC system" The car is running normally with no signs of any problems could it be possible that the warning lights are malfunctioning? It's only just had it's service 2 months ago.

Vikki

Welcome to the club.

This is a dead common problem with the EGR valve sticking. Please update your profile to show the age but I am guessing its an early (2006 T180).

In the first place you should approach your dealer and tell them what has happened and that you are aware of a common problem. You should give the impression (and remain polite) that you are expecting the work to be done under warranty even if it is more than 3 years old.

If you have any questions prior to your visit just ask.

Vikki

Welcome to the club.

This is a dead common problem with the EGR valve sticking. Please update your profile to show the age but I am guessing its an early (2006 T180).

In the first place you should approach your dealer and tell them what has happened and that you are aware of a common problem. You should give the impression (and remain polite) that you are expecting the work to be done under warranty even if it is more than 3 years old.

If you have any questions prior to your visit just ask.

Hiya Anchorman, thanks for the reply, it's a 56 plate so later 2006. I'll defo take your advice and give them a ring today. Is the car driveable or am I best not driving it?

It doesn't matter but think on that if it goes into limp mode (low power when the warning lights are on) it can leave you stranded so stay out of the fast lane on the motorway etc.

Update: Took it to a friends garage and they ran a diagnostic for me. Was coming up with the code for the particulate filter, nothing else. He asked if the Battery had run low lately and it had (knocked the interior light the other day and hadn't noticed) re-set the warning lights and all ok so thinks it was the low Battery power causing them to come on (phew). Re the particulate filter he told me to give the car a good hard run every now and again as they can become dirty/blocked. :-)

If it oes it again let us know. TGB are occasionaly honouring claims for particulate filters and EGRs (both related). Hopefully it won't but if it does it might be worth contacting TGB. Do you know what the code was? Also- you can do yourself a lot of favours by staying away from supermarket weasel pee and using high grade diesel the likes of Shell V-Power, BP Ultra or Total Excellium.

If it oes it again let us know. TGB are occasionaly honouring claims for particulate filters and EGRs (both related). Hopefully it won't but if it does it might be worth contacting TGB. Do you know what the code was? Also- you can do yourself a lot of favours by staying away from supermarket weasel pee and using high grade diesel the likes of Shell V-Power, BP Ultra or Total Excellium.

Still ok so far. I'm sorry didn't ask for the code, any further problems and I'll remember to ask :-) Thank you for all your help. The mechanic said exactly the same thing, said cheap diesel is sometimes been watered down and the supermarkets don't know what they're buying (they just buy cheapest out there). From now on I'll pay the extra to save having to spend more.