Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb For Rav 4.3 - B9004 - Looking For....

proxonic

Hi,

I read the posts before, and the stuff on eBay, and aliba..... and looks like it's hard to get a USB Connector for B9004, or?

I found only that the original Toyota USB / IPod Converter will work with this Radio/Navi B9004.

What is really the problem? Wrong plug/socket? Or it does not work at all?

Any experiences with that?

cheers

Tomek

I'm looking into ways to get my iPod into my xt5 without breaking the bank. No luck so far so but hopefully I will find a way!

I'm looking into ways to get my iPod into my xt5 without breaking the bank. No luck so far so but hopefully I will find a way!

Hi I have a XT5 (4.3) and the IPOD adpator (toyota version) costs around £100. The 9004 will sees it as a cd changer. Then it reads any playlists as a cd and then tracks are played in order on playlist. Handles mutiple playlists but they always show as CD 1-6 even though they are actually 1-6 7-12 13-18 etc etc. Steering wheel control can be used to change tracks playlists and also the volume control. No track information is shown other than the number on playlist.

I have a spare manual for the adpator somewhere if you are really interested.

David

Hi I have a XT5 (4.3) and the IPOD adpator (toyota version) costs around £100. The 9004 will sees it as a cd changer. Then it reads any playlists as a cd and then tracks are played in order on playlist. Handles mutiple playlists but they always show as CD 1-6 even though they are actually 1-6 7-12 13-18 etc etc. Steering wheel control can be used to change tracks playlists and also the volume control. No track information is shown other than the number on playlist.

I have a spare manual for the adpator somewhere if you are really interested.

David

if all else fails think Itrip.

Something else to think about, and i'm not sure whats going to happen after the digital switch over, i'm assuming they are dumping the standard RF and going digital.

something i'm thinking of looking at getting

http://caraudiogiant.co.uk/shop/by-manufacturer/pure/dab/pure-highway-in-car-dab-radio/prod_424.html

otherwise if we all have to charge our car radio's or thinking of getting an ipod dock you might want to future proof.

• 1 month later...

Would something like this work?

Rav4 Ipod L4

From states, and a few quid wasted if it doesnt.

On the upside, it does mention full control through units with or without sat nav.

When the ipod is connected through the Toyota cable, does it still let you control music through the ipod itself?

I found one from Gromaudio to fit my B9004, USA and also available from UK they said it should work and can handle USB, Ipod and 3.5mm jack they need photo of rear socket as to make sure I'll have correct cable. It costs about 100 UK Pd.

I'm quite convinced about it and as soon as I'll confirm rear connection I'll have a chance.

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_adapters/toyota_lexus_scion_usb_ipod_adapter_direct_digital_interface.html

Looks promising.

Think this is rear of the B9004 Unit, napped the pic of another post, possibly anchorman (hopefully ok).

I think its the black connector that gets used.

Looks exactly the same as the devices connector on the chart - the one for "newer" Toyotas & Lexus.

Whos gonna take the first step?

B9004.jpg

Think this is rear of the B9004 Unit, napped the pic of another post, possibly anchorman (hopefully ok).

Bound to be because he does practically everything on here :rolleyes:

You know what though, the pic looks a lot like this one of mine, but rotated through 180 degrees. :rolleyes:

B9004.jpg

It is the black connector smaller 6+6, the one grom describe as newer Toyota/lexus. They supply either lead though.

I've direct experience of somebody using one of these grom units. I sort of like the concept and it is nice that they do firmware upgrades. It plays ogg vorbis too.

However, at the time wew tried it, the execution wasn't very good (at least we couldn't get it to behave nicely).

For large mp3 collections, despite following all the instructions about folder set up, it seemed to take ages to play the first track and others. I assume it was cataloging stuff or something.

There was also a hint of audio distortion with high frequencies although there is a config file you can place on the USB stick to adjust the volume. Didn't seem to help much though.

It will display song/track text on some head units, but will not display some of the newer text functions available on the newer satnavs. I have my doubts as to whether it will display text on a b9004 (we didn't try it with that), but you will have to prove me wrong.

If they upgrade the firmware regularly, functionality might get better.

We opened the box. The processor is an ARM (cortex M3, I think) based one from NXP. However, I suspect the memory available in the box is limited, which might contribute to it not handling large collections on a USB stick easily.

It emulates a CD changer as most of these things do.

abraxas produced a good summary of adapters a while back here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101725&view=findpost&p=926584

Hi,

I read the posts before, and the stuff on ebay, and aliba..... and looks like it's hard to get a USB Connector for B9004, or?

I found only that the original Toyota USB / IPod Converter will work with this Radio/Navi B9004.

What is really the problem? Wrong plug/socket? Or it does not work at all?

Any experiences with that?

cheers

Tomek

I don't have an iPod so can't test it, but I recently bought a device through eBay from hongkong that is an mp3/mp4 player, its a tiny colour screen that swivels on a ciggy socket plug and comes with a remote, it transmits in fm and you tune your radio into it, it has a SD card slot, and a usb slot, also comes with a usb cable, you can alter the fm freq output so as not interfering with any of your radio channels, it cost 99p buy it now, and about £5.50 shipping which was about 8 days!. I figured for that kind of money its got to be worth a try, I loaded up an usb memory stick with mp3's and it works fine, the only thing I dont like, is it does'nt show folders, so its a bit lucky dip finding the track you want from the total, but for the money I cant complain. There are bigger screen versions which cost more. Wether an iPod or similar can work transparently through it I don't know, but it might be a cheap way of adding usb.

Regards Austin..

I think we are just hopeful that there is a better cable / unit that will allow more control of an ipod through the B90004 unit instead of creating playlists.

The Grom unit allows i-pod, usb and aux input - which would be handy for other mp3 devices, even charging phone through USB.

Think I would even prefer having ipod connected through usb and/or aux input so I could control music through ipod directly,

(would mean having ipod mounted up on dah - but dont mind that)

Strongly considering it and having the unit placed on the little shelf below the heating controls.