Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Oil Light

ajaz

Can anyone tell me after driving 3/4000 miles why my oil light comes on and when I continue to drive the engine starts going noisy. After changing the oil filter and oil the car is fine for another 3000 miles and then the same problem happens. I have changed the oil switch and it has not solved the problem. I have been told it might be the oil pump, but why doesn't the oil light stay on all the time then?

Over time engine oil will naturally tend to lose it's viscosity hence the reduced oil pressure. An engine in good nick and having a good oil pump can normally compensate for such changes.

I suggest you have the oil pressure checked out using a gauge. If it's found to be low then either suspect a faulty oil pump, oil pressure release valve or worn crankshaft bearings. The nose you hear is the crank bearings knocking so I suspect engine damage may have already occurred.:)

Can anyone tell me after driving 3/4000 miles why my oil light comes on and when I continue to drive the engine starts going noisy. After changing the oil filter and oil the car is fine for another 3000 miles and then the same problem happens. I have changed the oil switch and it has not solved the problem. I have been told it might be the oil pump, but why doesn't the oil light stay on all the time then?

hi ajax

what oil are you using.

• 2 years later...

at last I found the problem! it was the globe or pickup I think that's what its called,it is located inside the oil sump tray.it was blocked with a lot of carbon so I cleaned it up and now I have no probs!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links