Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pedal Recall?

adamc260

All the websites say to go to www.toyota.co.uk/recall

but it doesnt link me to anything where I can enter my VIN

My local toyota dealer are unsure if it has been done or needs doing

Back in February Toyota had a section of their website where you could input your car's VIN and check to see whether the recall work was needed on your vehicle. This part of the website is no longer accessible. Your best bet would be to contact Customer Services and ask - make sure you have your VIN with you.

My 2009 (October) 1.33 was affected and the recall work took about 40 minutes.

Cheers mate, mines an early part of the year 2009 1.33 model... the car is ex motability (no modifications) and I didnt purchase it till towards the end of 2009 so I'm pretty sure it would of been but... just want to check as I had a customer call through (i work in insurance) who had an accident as a result of the pedal.

In the States, of the 50 something accidents attributed to the accelerator pedal issue and investigated by the authorities, driver error seems to be the issue in most cases. In 35 cases the drivers were found not to have braked, and in 9 the drivers operated both the accelerator and the brake.

If your customer is blaming the accelerator pedal for the accident seven months after the recall campaign - is it not more likely to be driver error and the driver using the accelerator pedaL issue as an excuse?

Back in February Toyota had a section of their website where you could input your car's VIN and check to see whether the recall work was needed on your vehicle. This part of the website is no longer accessible. Your best bet would be to contact Customer Services and ask - make sure you have your VIN with you.

My 2009 (October) 1.33 was affected and the recall work took about 40 minutes.

hi

back in april i rang toyta pedal query number and they confirmed the pedal had been moded and sent me written confirmation of it being done.

I contacted the customer service number, it was done in April i think... got it written down upstairs :) was done when the car had 6.5k miles on it