Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Camber Problem...

Nashy

Hi all,

I've just bought My 4th Carina E. This time a 2.0 CDX (the other 3 were: a '97 - 2.0 GLI, a '96' - 1.8 CD & a '97' - 2.0 CDX...in that order) & when I got it home I noticed that the front wheel doesn't sit properly...It leans inwards at the top too much !!!

What I could use some advice on, is:

1. How do I get it to sit correctly ???

2. What could be the cause of it sitting badly ???

I'll try to get some photo's of it up on here as soon as I can, to help You to help Me !!!

Is there a minimum number of posts I need to put up before I can upload photo's (if so how many ???) & do I need to use a 'Photo Hosting Site' (i.e. Photobucket e.t.c.) ???

Thanks In Advance,

Aaron. :thumbsup:

could be a damaged hub caused by a bad kerbing. worth tacking it to a reputable garage to find out how bad it is.

might also be a top mount on the strut although there is usually a bad grating sound with this.

could also just be an optical illusion

could be a damaged hub caused by a bad kerbing. worth tacking it to a reputable garage to find out how bad it is.

might also be a top mount on the strut although there is usually a bad grating sound with this.

could also just be an optical illusion

Cheers for the advice...There is a clunking noise sometimes as well (whilst driving), so that might explain it !!!

I've had a quick look underneath it & the strut looks straight (No kinks in it) & the lower wishbone looks normal & straight as well !!!

The local Toyota dealer have said that the Camber angle is definately out & to check the bushes e.t.c. !!!

Is there anything in particular I should look for when checking the Hub ??? If I can't find anything Myself, I'll take it to the local garage to be checked out !!!

Cheers, :thumbsup:

Aaron.

P.S. I've taken some photo's, but it doesn't show up on them properly !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links