Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shortly To Be New Auris Owner

andrewfq

Hello. :)

I'm getting an Auris 2.0 D4D on Tuesday morning having had an Aygo since last July. While the Aygo was fine for town driving, I've found myself doing more long runs hence I need a bigger car. I've done 22k in the Aygo since July last year.

Hope you lot are a friendly bunch, any tips for the car not already mentioned, most welcome.

Andrew :thumbsup:

post-15677-128553764152_thumb.jpg

Looks nice mate! They're lovely cars, very solidly built and great for cruising up and down the motorway! The seats are super comfortable too, every car i've ever had i've had to figit to get comfy but in this.... I'm always comfy!

Welcome to the Auris Side. Ride looks nice. I too am a 2.0 D4D owner, T-Spirit version and have no regrets since buying it. I'm sure you'll love it too.

Congratulations. Nice bright red. Again the Auris is comfortable - as was my previous Corolla Colour Collection - and usefully commodious. Just come back from two weeks in Yorkshire in mine - plenty of luggage space, and it cruises well.

Thanks for the reply guys...only thing I need to remember is I have to practice my clutch control. The Aygo is MMT and before that I had automatic V6 Camry's....haven't owned a manual car in over four years. :D

Wastedagen, how have you been finding yours economy wise and how have you found the power delivery over time?

Thanks for the reply guys...only thing I need to remember is I have to practice my clutch control. The Aygo is MMT and before that I had automatic V6 Camry's....haven't owned a manual car in over four years. :D

Wastedagen, how have you been finding yours economy wise and how have you found the power delivery over time?

I have never actually sat down and worked my MPG out. But while I'm driving I reset the trip meter and the display shows 50+. On a motorway drive, I reset the trip and get 67+. Just broke 70MPG once but I was doing 50mph in 5th going through roadworks. This is all with text book sensible driving of course.............. :thumbsup:

Usually I go buy how many miles I get out of a tank. The worst I've had is 525, and the best being 560 miles. This is after I fitted a tuning box. Raised the BHP from stock 125 up to 150 bhp. And increased the MPG by about 6 MPG. Thoroughly recommend this addition to the engine. Easy fit too.

Not quite sure what you mean when you say Power delivery over time. If you mean through the rev range then the power kicks in at 2000-2200 rpm. So if you need power quickly you may need to drop it a few gears to bring up the revs before you overtake or pull out off a junction etc..............

If you mean power over time (days, months, years) then I haven't noticed any drop in power still seams as pokey as the day I bought it. I take it you mean do you get used to the power and then want more. :)

I have never actually sat down and worked my MPG out. But while I'm driving I reset the trip meter and the display shows 50+. On a motorway drive, I reset the trip and get 67+. Just broke 70MPG once but I was doing 50mph in 5th going through roadworks. This is all with text book sensible driving of course.............. :thumbsup:

Usually I go buy how many miles I get out of a tank. The worst I've had is 525, and the best being 560 miles. This is after I fitted a tuning box. Raised the BHP from stock 125 up to 150 bhp. And increased the MPG by about 6 MPG. Thoroughly recommend this addition to the engine. Easy fit too.

Not quite sure what you mean when you say Power delivery over time. If you mean through the rev range then the power kicks in at 2000-2200 rpm. So if you need power quickly you may need to drop it a few gears to bring up the revs before you overtake or pull out off a junction etc..............

If you mean power over time (days, months, years) then I haven't noticed any drop in power still seams as pokey as the day I bought it. I take it you mean do you get used to the power and then want more. :)

All of the above :D ...car is now parked outside. It feels so different from the Aygo, especially the power difference. Will give more thoughts over the coming days.

All of the above :D ...car is now parked outside. It feels so different from the Aygo, especially the power difference. Will give more thoughts over the coming days.

I find mine so comfortable and quiet, and oddly I've had quite a few people come up and say its a really nice looking car! I never expected that!

I've been getting the nice car comments from people and yet motoring journalists tended to slag the looks a bit. Show's they aren't in the real world...

Power is good where it is, in gear pulling is great and I can now actually overtake things that say Tesco and Asda on the back! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links