Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eco Mode?

BarryIQ

Anyone know what exactly is this button/function for?

I've asked the same questionlike 2 months ago but nobody could answer @_@

Since then I have recorded my fuel consumption for every tank of fuel I have spent, for the first month I have only used eco mode on and the 2nd month using only eco mode off.

I found my average mpg is very identical with both mode -_-;

So it is not likely something to deal with fuel consumption...

• Like 1

Eco mode on a Prius or Auris gives better fuel consumption, but I don't know about the iq. Is there anything in the handbook? Failing which try my mate google....

Eco mode on a Prius or Auris gives better fuel consumption, but I don't know about the iq. Is there anything in the handbook? Failing which try my mate google....

Our iQ3 has the stop/start engine technology. Turning off ECO stops the engine cutting out when you come to a stop. We find that useful sometimes if you're in a queue of traffic that creeps forward a few meters then stops for a few seconds then goes on again. I don't know if the continuous stop/start consumes more fuel than it would do if you let it idle. Apart from that, I've not found anything else affected by the ECO button.

On the auto box model Eco On and Off just enables or disables the light on the dash that illuminates when you're driving economically.

• Like 1

On the auto box model Eco On and Off just enables or disables the light on the dash that illuminates when you're driving economically.

Nope, that eco light was disabled through the small computer that indicate your MPG.

My version of IQ got 2 different eco light on the billboard.

• Like 1

Nope, that eco light was disabled through the small computer that indicate your MPG.

That's what my post meant. There is no other Eco switch/button on auto models because it doesn't have the start/stop and gear change light features of the manual.

• 3 years later...

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/toyota/iq/first-drives/toyota-iq

ECO Mode In IQ.

its just changes the lower to higher gears more quickly. Should save some fuel but practically I have checked and noted the mileage. couldn't find any considerable difference. So rated it as a marketing shout only.

• Like 1

Not sure he will be around to see your post as he's was nearly 4yrs ago

David

• Like 1

Not shure?

He's waiting all that time... :-D

LOL David.... :-)