Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modifying A Carina For More Performance

MYOTHERCARISAJAGUAR

Hi, can anyone help with ideas for modds for a 1995 1.8 8v Carina E. I have just sort of inherited it, and will use it for a while in place of my other less practical car. I was thinking of a K N N filter, wider tyres etc, but also wondered about dropping in a Supra or MR2 engine. If anyone can help. pls let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

3S-GE will fit nice and easy, BUT for the effort you may as well sell the 1.8 and buy a 2.0.

Mainly because once you add more power you need to modify so much more, braking etc...then you need to tell your insurance company.

If you're looking for Wider wheels look for Avensis or Celica alloys. 5x100 PCD, just be carefull with the overall size ie rolling diameter as this will affect your speedo and gearing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate,

cant see why you would want to speed up a carina its an old man's car! However if needs be, you should be saving your money and effort and looking out to trade your car for the carina gti which has the the 165 to 175 bhp 2 ltr motor in it, with suspension to match the ordinary carna's handling on the motorway in a straight line is crap! Good luck cause you wont see many around.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links