Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Wheel Bearing Gone At 18K ?!

crazy_chick

I have had my Yaris since new for 3 and a bit years and only clocked up 18k miles.

Only drive it to work and to my boyfriends house.

Had a stratch on it when it was brand new at the dealers, my gear knob replaced within 2 months because it was scratched too easily, I have had my steering wheel column replaced at 6 months, my boot lid realigned as it was rubbing the boot sill at 1 years old, all the recall work obviously as well.

My steering wheel is creaking yet again so when I got the main dealers to check it out today they said they couldn't hear it (fair enough it is only intermittant creaking) but they said they have found my rear wheel bearing is gone and is going to cost £259. OMG!!!

I can't beieve this from Toyota. Is it right that I should have all these problems after only 18k on the clock?

My rear wheel bearings on my Honda Jazz started playing up 3 months ago (on a 2003 model I bought from new), and even though the car is over 7 years old they are replacing both for free under warranty. I believe Honda had too many failures at around 50k miles so they extended the warranty on that part to 9 years. I would contact Toyota diretly to see if they have any comment on failing bearings after just 18k, perhaps this is a common fault, others around here might know.

My rear wheel bearings on my Honda Jazz started playing up 3 months ago (on a 2003 model I bought from new), and even though the car is over 7 years old they are replacing both for free under warranty. I believe Honda had too many failures at around 50k miles so they extended the warranty on that part to 9 years. I would contact Toyota diretly to see if they have any comment on failing bearings after just 18k, perhaps this is a common fault, others around here might know.

Wheel bearings should not fail at 18k. Iam really begining to doubt Toyota quality- Iam having a nightmare with my 2009 Yaris which has an electrical fault they can't fix!

I have had my Yaris since new for 3 and a bit years and only clocked up 18k miles.

Only drive it to work and to my boyfriends house.

Had a stratch on it when it was brand new at the dealers, my gear knob replaced within 2 months because it was scratched too easily, I have had my steering wheel column replaced at 6 months, my boot lid realigned as it was rubbing the boot sill at 1 years old, all the recall work obviously as well.

My steering wheel is creaking yet again so when I got the main dealers to check it out today they said they couldn't hear it (fair enough it is only intermittant creaking) but they said they have found my rear wheel bearing is gone and is going to cost £259. OMG!!!

I can't beieve this from Toyota. Is it right that I should have all these problems after only 18k on the clock?

I can believe it! Must be a French built thing. :lol:

Thats bad news. Sounds like you've had a few too many problems with your car.

I also agree about build quality going down the pan, but think it is more on the new model rather than the previous one. Mnd you its not just Toyota that is going down hill Mercedes C class gets slated in the JD power survey for reliability too.

Thats bad news. Sounds like you've had a few too many problems with your car.

I also agree about build quality going down the pan, but think it is more on the new model rather than the previous one. Mnd you its not just Toyota that is going down hill Mercedes C class gets slated in the JD power survey for reliability too.

Er?....not in this survey , it doesn't; it comes second. Admittedly the CLK is perceived as Utterly Pisspoor (well, Worst in Class, actually), but should it really be in the Sport section? :unsure:

Must have been the yr before dude, but I do remember reading it.

I also test drove 1 a couple of yrs ago - 18 month old model, which had a rattle on the front n/s wheel, which the mechanic said was a common fault.

they have found my rear wheel bearing is gone and is going to cost £259. OMG!!!

My wifes Yaris rear offside wheel bearing went at 16,034 mile when the car was just over 12 months old. It was replaced under warranty with no fuss whatsoever.