Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Variable Service Intervals?

RK123456

I have a 2.0 litre diesel Avensis Tourer, March 2009, 62k miles. It is a company car and managed by a third party company.

The first 4 services were done at a Toyota main dealer who reset the oil change warning light at each service. The 50k service was done at an independent who didn't reset the oil change warning light. Just before the 60k service was due (done at a Toyota main dealer) a warning appeared on my dashboard, something like "Oil change required" this appeared 19.5k miles after the 40k service.

This begs the question, on a car that does high mileage & long runs, is servicing every 10k miles necessary or could it be pushed to 20k miles? I realise that a turbocharger is a complicated, sensitive and expensive part of equipment and it's maybe not worth jeopardising it to save a few pounds by pushing the service intervals.

I realise that 10k miles achieved in 3 months up & down motorways or A roads in top gear is a lot less stressful on a car than 10k achieved in a year doing short runs to the shops or to and from work.

Its not just fluids etc that are changed on a service, the vehicle is also inspected and preventative maintenance/safety checks are carried out

If Toyota say every 10k then Id do it every 10k, better to be safe than sorry

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links