Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory Fitted Sat Nav

rogger

Hi

I have a 2003 Avensis with factory fitted sat nav.

After finding out that I cannot depend on it anymore, as roads and towns change....

Can anybody advise me if I can update it?

and even where it is situated in the car?

many thanks

rog

Hi

After finding out that I cannot depend on it anymore, as roads and towns change....

many thanks

rog

If your SatNav is the same as my 07 the DVD is in the unit. Press open on the front to access the button to eject the disc. The latest DVD can be purchased at any Toyota dealer but will cost you around £154! Toyota website also has links to web purchases abd links have been in threads on this forum.

Hi

many thanks

rog

If your SatNav is the same as my 07 the DVD is in the unit. Press open on the front to access the button to eject the disc. The latest DVD can be purchased at any Toyota dealer but will cost you around £154! Toyota website also has links to web purchases abd links have been in threads on this forum.

Hi

many thanks

rog

I think you will find the Satnav unit under the passenger seat, eject the disc and on the disc it will tell you which version you have, possibly TNS 300 or 310 dvd type or maybe the earlier TNS200 CDROM type.

As fitter says expensive updates are available from Toyota dealers or maybe look on eBay for a second hand one which is a later and hopefully an up to date edition. It has been said many times on here it is cheaper and better to buy a new Tom-Tom or something similar which searches by post code rather than Shell out around £160.00 to update the inferior Toyota satnav system.

Regards Pete.;)

Hi

many thanks

rog

I think you will find the Satnav unit under the passenger seat, eject the disc and on the disc it will tell you which version you have, possibly TNS 300 or 310 dvd type or maybe the earlier TNS200 CDROM type.

As fitter says expensive updates are available from Toyota dealers or maybe look on eBay for a second hand one which is a later and hopefully an up to date edition. It has been said many times on here it is cheaper and better to buy a new Tom-Tom or something similar which searches by post code rather than Shell out around £160.00 to update the inferior Toyota satnav system.

Regards Pete.;)

Is there anywhere that the latest version can be downloaded.

The price for the updated DVD is stupid.

Hi

many thanks

rog

Regards Pete.;)

I shall brave the rain and stick my head under the seat now....

its a TNS 200,,,,??

my dealer says i can have an update for £99 plus vat

he also says its a CD ROM not a DVD..??

buy an off the shelf satnav

better than the toyota factory one

as stated you can't search by post code with toyota's own

although my 2006 version was good going to torquay from liverpool in the summer

it seemed to know where there was roadworks...but the rubbish screen and graphics spoil it

still it got me there.....but my garmin street pilot was in the boot just incase

Hi

many thanks

rog

Regards Pete.;)

Is there anywhere that the latest version can be downloaded.

The price for the updated DVD is stupid.

Hi mate, in answer to your question yes there is but we are not allowed to post it on this forum according to the moderators, legal stuff etc, so spend some time with your Google search engine, nothing more I can say really ;).

Regards, Pete.

buy an off the shelf satnav

better than the toyota factory one

as stated you can't search by post code with toyota's own

although my 2006 version was good going to torquay from liverpool in the summer

it seemed to know where there was roadworks...but the rubbish screen and graphics spoil it

still it got me there.....but my garmin street pilot was in the boot just incase

thank you for that.

I dont use sat nav very often, and cant stand the sucker and wires

i love the compact design in the dash

cheers rogger