Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ect-s Manu/pwr

lucho3d

has anybody knows what means ECT-S (In the tacometer) manu/PWR, and how to use it?

Do you have an auto by any chance/ From what I can tell, ETC-S is a manual overdrive for the auto gearbox - I'm guessing a type of sports mode or cruising mode (not cruise control) for either improved performance or economy. Is there a switch to activate it?

I think it (the gear) either changed at 4.5k or 7k .. so it will hold the revs longer for the power ..

Looking around on the net, KIWIMR2 (a regular poster on here) write the following on another forum:

There is an overdrive button which I know works and I can feel what it does, seems like a 5th gear pretty much, drops the revs down when at the higher speeds, 80 kph or higher BUT what about the PWR and MAN buttons!!?? When you push the PWR one down it lights up on the dash ECT-S, the MAN one Im not sure? I can't feel any difference EXCEPT when I had the PWR on and speed up the revs stayed high untill I turned it off and they dropped, like the OD one. Any ideas?

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t13050.html

I think the PWR makes the shift at 7,000 rpm.. but the MAN.. i don´t know how that works.. the car Its automatic.. the only way i could afford one... Either way.. with any of the buttons ON, it burns gasoline really, really fast...

The "man" changes at the optimum revs .. the "pwr" is the sports version ..

Both for better performance / low fuel economy??.. what means? I can activate either MAN or PWR, but I don´t think a reason to do so...

MAN - is low power, good fuel consumption

PWR - is hi power and bad fuel consumption

what is better, turn ON MAN when low on fuel or turn OFF both? because, I think, i kind of mess up here... I can use MAN, PWR, OD, and also i can turn OFF all.

Well you select the option for what you're after, better performance or better enonomy. Depends on how you want to drive v how much fuel you want to use.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links